BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can feel a click click click sound in my clutch handle when pulling it in while coming to a stop. I just changed my oil the other day, I switch from 10w40 to 15w50. Could this be the cause of it? If it is coming from the clutch, is it bad for it?

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
Do you feel this while pulling the lever in or while it's being held steady. If it happens while the lever is being moved either in or out or both ways then it's time to clean and lube the cable in the housing. With you being an all weather kind of guy it shouldn't be a big surprise.

If it's happening while you're holding the lever steady as in fully disengaged or at the friction point then it's probably coming from the clutch pack.

·
Super Moderator
5,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it does it while it's both engaged and disengaged at very low rpms. basically walking pace and idle. headin to motorcycleworld now to see what they say. i'll check the cable and lube her up :)

thanks.

·
Super Moderator
5,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok I must have been imagining things, but I dont feel the click anymore, but I do hear it, but i'm really positive it aint the clutch, sounds like a few bolts needed to be lubed upped on the front wheel, cause it made the sound while I pushed the bike around with it off, so I lubed a few things and now the sound is gone.

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
I hope you didn't put grease on the brake rotors........... AGAIN.......

:D :laughing

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
:D:D those wheelies will loosen a few things up at the front....ya I just lubed my clutch cable a few days back....

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
Canadian_Gixxer said:
ok I must have been imagining things, but I dont feel the click anymore, but I do hear it, but i'm really positive it aint the clutch, sounds like a few bolts needed to be lubed upped on the front wheel, cause it made the sound while I pushed the bike around with it off, so I lubed a few things and now the sound is gone.
Just a minute.... Does your bike have full floating rotors?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts