BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

I cant believe I am still alive !

1K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  TeeTee 
#1 ·
Well for starters I got off work and decided I would go and try and find Hu99's house cause I know what kind of car he drives and the general idea of where he lived. I find it after about 20 minutes and we talk for a bit and I ask him if he was up for a ride. He said sure, so we were off to langley through a bunch twisty back roads and we round this 90 degree bend and Lloyd (Hu99) guns it on his 9R when he reaches the straight and I do the same to try and keep up on my 6R. Now this road has some wavy humps along it and I just kept on the throttle like Lloyd thinking if he can take the stretch at that speed so can I. Then I come over this hump in 4th gear with wide open throttle and the front picks up. I am waiting for it to come back down and as I passed the hump and went down the other side the wheel started to climb even higher:eek . And it hit between 9 and 10 O clock when I rolled off the throttle ever so slightly and it began to fall. I then gunned it to make a soft landing and when the wheel touched down it gave a bit of a wiggle to the bars and it was all over. I thought that when the wheel came up it would be like a couple inches and then set right back down but it came up on me and I thought I was going to die, Literally. That was the scariest but coolest thing ever. I thought it was impossible to get the wheel up with straight power in any gear above 2nd but that hump made a huge world of difference. If only we had a video camera.
:rolleyes

See less See more
#3 ·
Hey Ryan, now you know why I have the Scott's steering damper! :) Good thing you came out fine, I hear that kind of thing can get really nasty, one guy on the fireblades.org site knew a racer that broke both his wrists when something similar happened to him and he tried to wrestle with the bars.

#5 ·
vrecksler said:
Hey Ryan, now you know why I have the Scott's steering damper! :) ...
Dampers?!?!?! WE DON' NEEEEEED NOO STEEEENKIN' DAMPER'S!!!!!!!!

Sorry, need a Clint fix I guess..... :D

Kawi's have a lovely rep for being that little more stable than some of the others out there. Over at SBN a while back we had a long thread going about who, if anyone, had ever had a full on tankslapper with their Kawi. Turned out, IIRC, that no one had ever been tossed off any of the Ninjas of the past 7 or 8 years while on the street.

My 9R has given me a couple of tiny wobblies over the time but never when I didn't deserve it and none that didn't dampen themselves out almost before I new they were there.

But more to the point. We need a rotation roster setup to follow Ryan around with a video camera for next time. And Ryan, start working on your "12 o'clock" wudja :D

#6 ·
And Ryan, start working on your "12 o'clock" wudja
That is one trick I am never gonna even think of attempting :rolleyes

Oh by the way, the wheel coming up on the bike doesn't normally scare me but when it comes up further then ever before while doing 180 + km/h its a different story :rolleyes

#7 ·
Ya didn't say you were going THAT fast. I think I woulda filled my leathers too in that case. That must of been quite a hump you hit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.