BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
....but I don't think I'll find any sympathy here! :)

I just got two new Samsung 214T LCD monitors at work on a dual head Matrox card! It's too big and I have to look around so much to see everything that it's making me a little bit sick. But I guess it's worth it, I'll just have to get used to it!!! :D

Anyone else have monitors this size? Did it take a while to get used to it?

;D

·
Posing with conviction
5,396 Posts
Not sure about the kind of work you are doing but you could try turning the brightness down on the monitors. I have a large dual monitor setup with no problems but I have my brightness turned way down from the default setting for my print design work. If I am doing video or website work I will turn them back up somewhat and recalibrate them.

Might want to play with the ambient light in the room as well. If you have the lights turned way down that could accentuate the "headache" problems.

Nice problem to have. You'll get used to it.

·
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did turn the brightness down and that helped a bit, and I just pushed them farther away and that helped a bit too. I've been moving them all over my desk, rotating them, changing settings, I guess I just have to find something and stick with it for a while.

I think one would be fine, but with two, there's SOOOO much real estate...

;D

·
Newbie Poser Squid
2,709 Posts
Yeah you bet. I went from a 20" to a 26" LCD in my home office and I want to go back to the 20". PLus my wife complained that she can't see me when she want to talk. lol.

·
contradiction incarnate
2,748 Posts
try putting a bright light, with a dimmer, behind the monitor area.
turn it up until there's a consistent light level in your field of view.
(basically making the whole wall in the direction your looking as bright as the monitors... same principle as home theatre... constent light level across your whole field of view will reduce eyestrain significantly.)

·
Happy Camper
2,698 Posts
Go and take a look at a 13" (10.9" viewable area) VGA "fishbowl" CRT monitor and then complain about how rough you have it.
Yah, like you said. No sympathy from me.... ;O)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts