BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah well thanks to you guys.. a little practice.. and waking up sober I got my full class 6... yeah Canadien_gixxer! man thanks for the tips they really came in handy! anyways... just thought i would let you guys know ..... and thanks to all the other ppl replying to my other post! :D

·
Wanderer of the Wastes
6,817 Posts
did you do the mandatory wheelie, or celebratory burnout?

·
Resident Banana
2,694 Posts
Congrats man...:rider ...I guess we'll see ya out there then:thumbup .

·
Super Moderator
5,114 Posts
congrats and be careful out there now.... remember, gotta ride like all the cagers are out to GET cha :)

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Canadian_Gixxer said:
congrats and be careful out there now.... remember, gotta ride like all the cagers are out to GET cha :)
You mean their not?

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yo

hey thanks you all.. lots of support... yeah good luck... it was pretty easy.. look at my previouse post(I Need Help).. and see what canadien_gixxer said.. its exactly that...good luck!

·
resident monkey boy
806 Posts
congrats on the test:thumbup

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Wicked! Congrat buddy. Hey was it a tough exam? My buddy is getting tested in a couple of weeks

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
No the exam wasnt that hard.. kinda lengthy though... umm they take you through school zones.. umm... what else.. on the free way.. keep the speed slow though.. they watch that carefully.. haha.. i got demmirts because I was going 30kms in a 50kms zone... haha.. what else.. shoulder checks a must... lane positioning.. thats bout it.. its the exact same as a car licence test.. but... lane posistioing(sp), shoulder checks... thats bout it... tell him good luck!

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Complements of Canadian_gixxer

here's my(canadian_gixxer) quick and dirty guide of pointers:

Shoulder Checking:
(1). Do a shoulder check in both directions everytime you come to a complete stop (ie: stoplight, stop sign, etc, anytime you stop completely)
(2). Do a shoulder check when changing lane positions in your lane (signal or hand signal is not required)
(3). Shoulder check when changing into another lane.

Changing Lanes:
(1). Shoulder check, signal, shoulder check, change lanes, turn signal off.
(2). Same goes with merging onto highways or yield signs and stuff.

Turning:
(1). Left lane position when turning left, and Right lane position when turning right.
(2). Try not to drift wide in your turns.

Speed:
(1). Do the speed limt, regardless of traffic around you. dont go too slow, but dont go any faster than 5km/h over the posted limit.
(2). Watch out for school zones, playgrounds, construction zones, etc, do proper speed in those areas.

Turn Signals:
(1). REMEMBER TO TURN THEM OFF EVERYTIME YOU USE THEM!

Scanning:
(1). Always over exagerate your head scanning. (so they can see that you are actually scanning around).
(2). Try to do your over exagerated head scanning quite a bit. not all the time, but quite a bit.
(3). Scan the mirrors often too, exagerate this by doing the chicken dance (bending arms in and turning head to see into mirror)

after that, thats about all you need to know, just use proper lane position while you see fit, and watch your speed. They dont make you do figure 8s, but they should make you do 1 U-turn (shoulder and signal when doing this), and stop you and ask you to identify road hazards.

Good luck.

·
Veritas Aequitas
340 Posts
sunnijudge said:
Yeah well thanks to you guys.. a little practice.. and waking up sober I got my full class 6...
congrats sunni! i'm almost done my course at ACTION (1 more road ride on saturday) and then they book my road test.

class 6 here i come!! :thumbup

1 - 20 of 20 Posts