BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
today we went for a little pocket bike rip in poco and all I can say is I'm sold! those things are the funniest little facks to play around on.... and man do they wheelie :) I've got awesome video footage of me in full leathers with a tinted visor..(I'm 6'3" ) lol it looks so funny. I lent the video to the guys to watch as I had to take off for work so I need it back so I can edit it :( Thanks for letting us rip around on those things... I think me and Adam both want one now

-arai-

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
These are the sweetest things.

Just as soon as I can scrape some cash together I'm buying one. Way too much fun.

I'll post the video in the next couple of days..

·
Super Moderator
5,114 Posts
i'm glad I was stuck in a mocap session today, otherwise I would have been out with the pocketbikes, and i'll be blowing away all my bike repair money on one :) :laughing :laughing :eek

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
man you cant even comprehend how fun these things are... just ask Adamantium... after he crashed I swear he was rolling around laughing his head off. And its priceless to see 3 bikes round the bend and go wheelieing by you down the front straight. Cosworth was continually locking up the rear and sliding around corners superbike style :p untill the ducati low side (its brakes were a tad touchy) cant wait till I get my video back

-arai-

B

·
0 Posts
yeah, that was wicked fun. it was good meeting you guys. arai, I had no idea that was you. I guess we weren't properly introduced. anyways, I'm sure doug will have many more in the near future. it's so much better when the parking lot is empty. I think the next place we go will be more of a proper track.

D

·
0 Posts
to those that came out, first i am sorry about the traffic in the parking lot. it is NEVER like that. second, a big thanks for having fun with me! special thanks to bender who was nice enough to haul my little monsters in his pickup and snag some gas for us too. thanks also to arai for lending us the tape for dinner. too bad the wait staff couldn't figure out how to plug in RCA cables. we did get a laugh watching it in the parking lot after though. a few stragglers showed up for the 6:30 shift after we cleared out. all i can say is 1. cosworth can stoppie like no tomorrow, and 2. dammit! why wasn't my wheelie on there! :D

if you guys are serious about buying bikes, peter will be more than happy to help you out. he is the canadian distributor for GRC Moto, and when i mentioned that we were doing this he wanted to come out and watch as well. he got there a little after we packed up, but wants to come out and get some video another time. he is pretty fair about things and a great guy to talk with about it. if anyone wants his # i will pass it on for sure.

i just got back in from a trip out to the abandoned go kart track in maple ditch. its in rough shape, but we could use it. its now owned by west coast auto group, so i am tracking down permission. other than that, we can rip around the revy lot under the patullo or do nights at the school. you guys name the time and place and the bikes will show up.

just remember. no dumping the ducati until i get molds off of it!

thanks again guys. it was a great day!

X

·
0 Posts
That was fun to watch, maybe next time I will try one out if you let me :p. I want one now - and so does my friend that I brought along.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sweet you guys are going to the parking lot tomorrow at 11:? Maybe I'll just have to drop by and pick up my tape... and if the pocket bikes happen to be running I just might take a lap or two :D I'm gonna bring some runners this time... 6'3" on those little guys is tricky with full leathers on. Doug do you know if they sell midi bikes there too? Maybe I'll fit better on the minis with jeans and better shoes but I found that my butt was a little furthur back then it should have been which made these wheelie hungry machines want to wheelie even more. Thanks again so much for the rides... you may have just gotten 1 or 2 people into the sport. Can you imagine a full 5-7 bikes around a go-cart track :)..... sweeeeeeet

-arai-

D

·
0 Posts
arai said:
sweet you guys are going to the parking lot tomorrow at 11:? Maybe I'll just have to drop by and pick up my tape... and if the pocket bikes happen to be running I just might take a lap or two :D I'm gonna bring some runners this time... 6'3" on those little guys is tricky with full leathers on. Doug do you know if they sell midi bikes there too? Maybe I'll fit better on the minis with jeans and better shoes but I found that my butt was a little furthur back then it should have been which made these wheelie hungry machines want to wheelie even more. Thanks again so much for the rides... you may have just gotten 1 or 2 people into the sport. Can you imagine a full 5-7 bikes around a go-cart track :)..... sweeeeeeet

-arai-
we are not sure where we are heading just yet. i think its going to be revy though, unless the school is empty. i like the idea of a big empy lot with no curbs though. peter can get you anything grc moto makes. they do make a midi model. check out http://www.grcmoto.com/midirceng.htm

i found the leathers to be a bit constrictive myself. i couldn't get my legs apart for my arms. i was thinking of making an adjustable foot peg too. it wouldn't be bigger, but for taller riders it could be set in a more comfortable position.

like i said before, any time you guys wanna race, the bikes will show up.

just to let you guys know how fast we can get going in an open area, i just took yellow for a hot lap of the block, with a gps taped to the bar. i got 54.5kmh before i backed off for a severe speed wobble.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
post up when you know where your going? I've got to work tomorrow but if I know exactly when and where I can come for some racing :)

-arai-

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
HUGE thanks to doug for letting us play with his toys.

Holy shit.. I think I'm addicted.

I was talking to the wife over dinner about it... she can't wait to see 'em.. hopefully I can drag her out tommorow to come check 'em out.

doug/bender/cosworth - post where you boys are gonna be, I'll make every effort to come out and see you guys again, and like arai said, I may just go for a lap or two.. (ya right, try like 488 laps.. muhahaha... )..

I couldn't believe how fast bender was.. I gotta get some practice in.

And I am buying one... just gotta save some moneys. And leathers for the big bike may just need to come first... :(

I checked out the link you posted doug.. I think I like this one:

Oh, and for those that were there (whom will understand this): I now have 'pocketbike' shoes. :D So I wouldn't want them to go to waste. ... :D

X

·
0 Posts
I think I may go back tommorow as well - bring my helmet/leathers/crappy shoes - that was soooo fun!

·
Rally Monster
77 Posts
THANKS DOUG! What a blast... thanks for being so generous about everyone riding those little beasts. I had a great time.

Thanks arai for telling me about the get together in the first place!!!

I was checking out my shoes later for wear and I have a little bit.. certainly nothing like adam's though! lol

Nice to meet you guys and maybe I'll be out soon for some rides on an SV650S... we'll see!

(PS .. because I'm new to the forum... I'm the guy that had the Audi there .. just so you know who the heck I am)

Later!

·
Rally Monster
77 Posts
hahahahahah Adam... you HAVE to get the R1 and decal it to look like your bike... and take the muffler off and scorch it too ... that would be awesome .... you could bring it in a backpack and whip it out for some quick parking lot action.

·
Just Another Enthusiast
2,051 Posts
That twin and R1 look like they have front suspension! Both look pretty cool, but also look expensive. Give me a well used one anyday. :)

·
builder of bikes
4,802 Posts
adamantium said:
And an R1:
That blue R1 is the exact same type of bike we awere riding this weekend, just with some polishing and some attention. There is no front suspension on the GRC bikes, but the naked one up top looks like it does.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts