BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Mortgage Pimp
9,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before anyone get's TOO excited... I'm okay, so there's no reason to celebrate just yet.

I was commuting home, turned a corner... there was fuel spilled all over the road, I bailed... it fucking hurt. I had witnesses, but ICBC probably won't see it as a road hazard anyways, so I'm going to eat it. The bike's fine, I'm just glad I was waiting until winter to fix all the parts from when the dude backed into it the first day I had it. Just a couple extra parts to fix that I was planning on replacing with trick speedymoto bits anyways.

The irony is I talked to Rusty at JV and was going to pick up frame sliders right away and was joking how it would be funny if I crashed on the way to the shop. The guys at JV are going over it to make sure it's okay for the weekend.

So in short, I crashed at low speed, I'm fine, the bike's fine, we're both just a little sore... and people are right.. most accidents happen within 3 blocks of home, and that's exactly how far away I was.

Lesson? Watch out for HUGE fucking fuel spills on the road.. that shit is slippery.

·
Three hour tour guide
8,750 Posts
Bummer Scott, glad you're okay!!

·
Unregistered User
2,769 Posts
Shitty news Scott, but sounds like you're keeping as positive about it as can be expected. Good to hear you and the Duck weren't too badly shaken.

·
Gear Driven Cams
4,411 Posts
What happened to the vanilla silicone frame sliders from the Big Dicks ride?

Good to hear you're okay. Ride on!

·
Mortgage Pimp
9,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bummer Scott, glad you're okay!!
Actually, the pain is the only bummer.

Notice the speedymoto waterpump cover and the Cyclecat rearsets in that pic below? This just gave me an excuse to get them quicker. ;)

Other than those two parts, everything else was covered by ICBC from when that douchbag backed into me. ;)

·
Mortgage Pimp
9,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Shitty news Scott, but sounds like you're keeping as positive about it as can be expected. Good to hear you and the Duck weren't too badly shaken.
I'm going to be completely honest. The first thing I thought of (and I mean FIRST, even before I had picked up my bike) was "awesome, now I have an excuse to get those rearsets!"

lol

·
Learning the hard way.
1,334 Posts
Clean off the tires a bit more or take it really easy for the beginning of your next ride: You may not have scrubbed all the areas that were exposed to gas on the ride home.

Glad you're ok.

·
Banned
2,578 Posts
+2 :)

Events like this are a double-edged sword. While I'm -foremost- glad you're okay [well, mostly okay at least], I'm also sorry about your beautiful bike.

Apart from the above: good on ya for posting up. ;) New riders need to know stuff like this and even we experienced riders need the reminder. Our next lesson will be re-learning how cold roads and cold tires don't stick like hot August afternoons. But Scott, ummm... let's leave that lesson to someone else as clearly you've done your part for the collective good. :D

:drinkbeer
-Charles

·
Mortgage Pimp
9,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
+2 :)

Events like this are a double-edged sword. While I'm -foremost- glad you're okay [well, mostly okay at least], I'm also sorry about your beautiful bike.

Apart from the above: good on ya for posting up. ;) New riders need to know stuff like this and even we experienced riders need the reminder. Our next lesson will be re-learning how cold roads and cold tires don't stick like hot August afternoons. But Scott, ummm... let's leave that lesson to someone else as clearly you've done your part for the collective good. :D

:drinkbeer
-Charles
Well everyone learns something from this board. I myself had no idea how slippery gasoline was since I'd never hit it on an angle like that, mind you I've never seen that much on the road before... even my pants and jacket smelled like it afterwards.

But, your comment stands true, the only reason I ever bought a back-protector was because of a conversation you and I had up at squamish starbucks about 2 years ago a week before your crash... so yes, I feel I have done my good for the day. ;)

·
BCSB Knight
1,551 Posts
I'm going to be completely honest. The first thing I thought of (and I mean FIRST, even before I had picked up my bike) was "awesome, now I have an excuse to get those rearsets!"

lol

Hahaha... we have the same way of thinking Scott!

I'm sure your beautiful woman will help you heal those battle scars up real quick :eek

·
Jackie Chan's stuntdouble
1,535 Posts
This is lame.

Scott, if you are going to post up a trivial crash story you should embellish it with salacious drama. This is BCSB, after all...

·
Banned
2,578 Posts
Blame Gurp

Well everyone learns something from this board....
the only reason I ever bought a back-protector was because of a conversation you and I had up at squamish starbucks about 2 years ago a week before your crash...
:angel

The Irony of Lessons Learned:

I bought that spine-protector 1 week prior to speaking with you, just 2 weeks before my crash on labor day weekend [2004].... only because Gurp [G-Slide] had nagged me all summer to get one.

The Lesson: Blame Gurp. :coffee

·
Mortgage Pimp
9,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
This is lame.

Scott, if you are going to post up a trivial crash story you should embellish it with salacious drama. This is BCSB, after all...
I'd love to... but I'm on "flame-watch" here on BCSB ;)

And yeah, Gurp's convenient to blame for everything, even positive things!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts