BC Sport Bikes Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I'm not one to street race considering all the shit that's been going down, but this was a friendly little 1st and 2nd gear one.

I had my girlfriend on the back of my Kawi so I wasn't about to do anything stupid.

I went for a ride on my Zx-6E tonight along with Harps on his Dad's Ducati Monster. Great night. Just as we were leaving the UBC twisties towards that long straight away, I saw some lights coming on fast, so I got out of the way. I heard a sound that is very hard to describe, and probably one I won't get a chance to hear for a long time to come. It was new 911 Turbo with some sort of exhaust at full throttle. I think my eyebrows fell off when this thing went by.

So we caught up to this thing and wouldn't ya know it...red light. No traffic and no intersecting streets for a few blocks. I tap my girlfriend to hang on. So on green he feathers the clutch and then just drops the hammer. What a crazy bellow from that porshe. It made my Muzzy sound like a lawn mower.
I didn't really floor it off the line, but I gave her good in 2nd gear. I shifted to 3rd and shut it off. The porsche was probably a good 4 car lengths ahead by the time I really leaned into it. Couldn't real him in.

If there's any car that I wouldn't mind losing to, it's that one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My Japanese girlfriend weighs in at about 460-470 pounds wet. :evilgrin

My other girlfriend is a twig at about 95 pounds. :D
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,762 Posts
hmm for the cost of the 911 turbo you can probably buy yourself a different bike for different day of the month... :laughing
 

·
moving pylon
Joined
·
1,428 Posts
you need to get rid of the E (damn economy) in the ZX6 and replace it with one that ends in R (for racing) :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,070 Posts
Those are fast cars and chances are that the one you raced was All wheel drive. If not you probably would have had the jump on him.
 

·
resident monkey boy
Joined
·
806 Posts
those 911 turbo's are AWD and they go like stink but if you were alone and hammered your bike you would have beaten him(barely)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,666 Posts
I don't think Sewman was going all out anyways...You don't want to do anything too crazy with a passenger on the back. I was watching, you could have gone harder.

Damn, I might have had a chance if I was riding my ZX-6R...the Ducati just doesn't cut it against the big AWD German H6s.

I was glad to find out that the guy driving the car was someone that looked like he could afford it...not some little 20 year old punk with rich parents.
 

·
Wear proper gear pls ;)
Joined
·
1,822 Posts
Tee hee!!!

Harps said:
I was glad to find out that the guy driving the car was someone that looked like he could afford it...not some little 20 year old punk with rich parents.

OooOOoOoooohhhhhhh... :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,209 Posts
umm...I am with Harps on this, you should have held the revs. till 7,000rpm then then drop it and gun till 11,000, shift, 11,000, shift....I am sure you would have had him till you shifted into 3rd but then his top speed would have killed you.....

The 911 Turbo, 470hp approx. not only has AWD but most likely triptronic gear system with the F1 stlye gear change paddles....


Harps. you on a monster 900 ? 600 ? 620i ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
465 Posts
Harps said:
I was glad to find out that the guy driving the car was someone that looked like he could afford it...not some little 20 year old punk with rich parents.

Hahaha, have you seen the 19 year old with the Ferrari 360 Modena =) I think u would be pretty pissed off :cool How about 3 2002 M3's all parked in the same Richmond CS parking lot? It's crazy what money is out there these days!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
725 Posts
Human said:
umm...I am with Harps on this, you should have held the revs. till 7,000rpm then then drop it and gun till 11,000, shift, 11,000, shift....I am sure you would have had him till you shifted into 3rd but then his top speed would have killed you.....

The 911 Turbo, 470hp approx. not only has AWD but most likely triptronic gear system with the F1 stlye gear change paddles....


Harps. you on a monster 900 ? 600 ? 620i ?
i am assuming since the turbo is a new one it will be a 996 turbo and those have around 420 but if it is souped up it can easily be close to 470 like human said

the all wheel drive will kill a bike on the launch just imagine the size of the contact patch it has compared to a bike

i have fooled around once when tchan was in his 993 turbo and i was on my r6 when we were going for lunch and i am pretty sure i would be able to beat it until i hit around 230+ and then the aerodynamics, power and gearing of his car will go well into 280-300

my and tchan will do this again so we can tell you the outcome

but dont forget that test they did with the gsxr 1000 vs corvetted ZO6 (420 hp)

the GSXR went 0 - 100mph back to 0 before the ZO6 even hit 100mph

maybe time to buy a GSXR 1000 just in case this happens again:)
:D :D
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
5,114 Posts
Kit said:


the GSXR went 0 - 100mph back to 0 before the ZO6 even hit 100mph

maybe time to buy a GSXR 1000 just in case this happens again:)
:D :D
not only that, but the gixxer maintained higher speeds in the corners.... now is a good time to invest in track school :)

mmmmm gixxer 1000 drrroooooooooooooooolll :) :laughing :tredmill
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,209 Posts
Kit said:

...but dont forget that test they did with the gsxr 1000 vs corvetted ZO6 (420 hp)

the GSXR went 0 - 100mph back to 0 before the ZO6 even hit 100mph

maybe time to buy a GSXR 1000 just in case this happens again:)
:D :D


bah ! GSXR1000 my ass, with the production based ZXRR or a ZX9R, One would have gone 0-100mph, back to 0 and had an expresso before the ZO6 could reach 100mph ....:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,666 Posts
Human said:
Harps. you on a monster 900 ? 600 ? 620i ?
The Monster isn't mine, it's my dad's. It's an M750 Chromo...probably the only one you'll ever see. They only made the Chromo version in the 900 model, but my dad wanted the 750 since it was his first bike (in over 20 years) and also for the insurance discount. So RMS traded tanks from an M750 Dark and an M900 Cromo. Ended up with a M750 Chromo. It's a fun bike, but not as quick as a modern 600SS. (or 996 Turbo)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
872 Posts
bring your bikes to mission raceway.

Many a stang there that would make a turbo porsche look stupid (or any of our SS bikes)


Im hoping when my stang debuts in a couple months I will have a chance to run against a gixxer 1000 or busa or r1 (but im afraid even they wont be any challenge :( :D
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,762 Posts
jonathan said:
bring your bikes to mission raceway.

Many a stang there that would make a turbo porsche look stupid (or any of our SS bikes)


Im hoping when my stang debuts in a couple months I will have a chance to run against a gixxer 1000 or busa or r1 (but im afraid even they wont be any challenge :( :D
whoa...do you have a jet engine strapped to the back or something?
or one of the shuttle boosters? :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'll running at Mission eventually this season. Be sure to get a post happenin in the Rides forum when you decide to go to Mission Raceway. I'd like to see your stang go!
 

·
living the dream
Joined
·
1,109 Posts
bl1tz said:
you need to get rid of the E (damn economy) in the ZX6 and replace it with one that ends in R (for racing) :D
i agree with blitz here. not to be mean, just a word to the wise.
get a 6r if you want to try to beat the rich guys out there...
personally i wouldnt suggest it. someone allways gets hurt.
even if it is only there ego...:laughing
 
1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Top