BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Whats 40mm in imperial??
When they get that big it dont realy matter. LOL
Just figured it out... 1 19/32ish" (big 9/16")
Wow, what you taking apart??

·
Registered
196 Posts
G-slide said:
40mm where can i get one?!
pretty sure I got that one. call me

·
Ridin hard n dirty
4,080 Posts
KMS tools....princess auto.....crappy tire rents tools.....for sure the snap on guy....use a 1 5/8 six point socket....go to sears.....any heavy duty mechanic would have one......

·
Posing with conviction
5,396 Posts
I was jonesin around Princess Auto in Langley about 2 weeks ago lookin for large sockets. They have em and they are cheap.

·
Premium Member
9,052 Posts
KMS has some used ones. Even if its not an exact fit, and as long as the socket is bigger not smaller, put a shop rag over the bolt, then slip the socket over top. Works like a charm.

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
Hey Gurp, is that you with your axle in the pic?

I

·
0 Posts
40mm isn't crazy-big, lots at Canadian Tire. Make sure you have a 3/4" drive wrench or adaptor.

·
:) you'll live longer
1,112 Posts
Try Midlands. It's on kingsway, near knight and they are cheap if they have it. It's the old Mopac store. and my next guess would be princess auto

·
I'm new
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ok i will try them today!
steve where did you get that digital speedo? you said it had a trip meter on there too right?

·
:) you'll live longer
1,112 Posts
yup, the digi speedo has a trip and odo (which can be reset). I use the odo for the oil, and the trip for gas.

I bought that at the bike doctor on commercial drive down near britannia. it's a sigma something 500. It cost 30 bucks and i had to cut the wire and solder on an extension. Don't bother with the wireless stuff. Doesn't work that well.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts