BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Takin it like a $10 Whore
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys and gals! Im fucked! :hangman

Im a newb rider (less that 2 years riding) yes a fucken noob! Well here's the problem! Im trying to find a good used bike (04 and up with less than 5000kms) and trying not to get scammed! I dont know everything about bikes and just tryin to cover my ass. :rtfm

I looked at some 600 gixxers. :rider i love those! but whats a good bike? and what is a good pricefor them? please help?:surrender :surrender

·
Registered
271 Posts
wanna buy mine? mommies telling me to sell mine ><
cbr 600 rr 06
one month old.... 2k kms
never dropped, never scratched, and all that
first service done

but my price is going to have to be high.... to get that lovely bike away from me

basically, if ur a guy who wants a bike with no problems, like brand new..... but with a little cheaper price...

pm me :D

·
User And Abuser
3,912 Posts
Hey guys and gals! Im fucked! :hangman

Im a newb rider (less that 2 years riding) yes a fucken noob! Well here's the problem! Im trying to find a good used bike (04 and up with less than 5000kms) and trying not to get scammed! I dont know everything about bikes and just tryin to cover my ass. :rtfm

I looked at some 600 gixxers. :rider i love those! but whats a good bike? and what is a good pricefor them? please help?:surrender :surrender
buy my f4i. problem solved. Shes a beaut, and she'll treat you nice. 19,000 km, and under warranty until November 2007. You wont find a nicer f4i....anywhere. Yosh slip on, talon alarm....good to go:rider

·
Federal Protection
358 Posts
If your looking for an 04 and up 600 sports bike, get ready to have anywhere from 7 - 9 G's in your pocket.

I think that any 04 and up 600 (Yam,Kaw,Honda or Zuk) are pretty close in all accounts, so buy the one you like the best (looks, performance ...whatever)... now certainly is the price to deal (winter)..but soon everyone will lock them all away (if they have not done so already) and the pickings will get slim.

If your willing to learn some mechanical skills you can always save some money buy buying a rebuilt or theft recovery, that may need minor to major work. Try the Chop Shop, or maybe even 5th gear?

If it were me...... I would only buy the Gixxa..... but then... I would never buy a 600....

·
Premium Member
11,196 Posts
5000 kms is just barely broken in. You're not going to run into any mechanical issues with a bike that new unless it's obviously been ridden around in someone's sand box.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
5000 kms is just barely broken in. You're not going to run into any mechanical issues with a bike that new unless it's obviously been ridden around in someone's sand box.
depends how old though. buddy of my got 2000(?) gsxr that had 4000km on it but has been sitting in garage for long time.

pretty much all seals needed replacing. but i dont see that being a problem on 2004+

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
I have to say take your time and go talk to some dealers they're pretty good with finding a bike that suits you, your life style and how long you plan on keeping the bike. I like Hondas I'm a bit biased that way but depending on the type of riding you like to do will dpend on the type of bike to get

·
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Found a GSXR 600

what would a good price be for a 05 GSXR 600 with 4300kms, apparently good condition, bvr dropped, clean record, maintenace done every 2000kms?

i only got 7500 to blow? is it enough?

·
Crotch Rocket Scientist
929 Posts
7500?!?!?!?! what? are you cheap?

I wouldn't offer less than $7512.40....

kids these days....

·
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Na, im just smokin crack! WTF?! i checkd out prices everywhere!

It seems to me people think that their bikes are worth the same used as when they were new! ppl are smoke alot more that crack! A fellow soldier buddie of mine used to work at a bike dealer in Toronto. He said a 03 R6 BRAND FUCKEN NEW was 4100 at their cost! and then they add 8000 more to make a insane profit!

SO as the newbie to buying a bike i thought 7500 was enough!

If someone can help me out with, would be appreciated!

·
Registered
271 Posts
well...... u want a new bike..... with low kms
i don't think 7500 would attract alot of sellers
you have a high standard set....... which is roughly around 9000 for best price?!

·
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well, ill wait a few more weeks and ill have maybe 8200.

·
Blue Power Ranger
498 Posts
Remeber to not spend 100% of your money on the bike.

Insurance, maintenance, gas, and gear are a bitch my friend.

I spent $6200 on my R6 last season.

PLUS

Insurance = 220 a month x 5 months = $1100
Gas = about $700 for 13,000 kms
Maintenance = $600 (new set of tires, 3 oil changes)
Gear = $1200 (helmet, 2 piece suit, boots, gloves, back protector)

Soooo all those extras ended up costing me about $3,600. Half the value of my bike.

For a grand total of almost $10,000 ... and that's for a 2000 R6.

Do some budgeting my friend. And welcome to the biggest money pit of your life. But an enjoyable one :)

·
Born to be WILD
2,495 Posts
You should check out BCSB's "market place", there are some bikes that are in your ball park.

·
Registered
8,785 Posts
Na, im just smokin crack! WTF?! i checkd out prices everywhere!

It seems to me people think that their bikes are worth the same used as when they were new! ppl are smoke alot more that crack! A fellow soldier buddie of mine used to work at a bike dealer in Toronto. He said a 03 R6 BRAND FUCKEN NEW was 4100 at their cost! and then they add 8000 more to make a insane profit!

SO as the newbie to buying a bike i thought 7500 was enough!

If someone can help me out with, would be appreciated!
Now that's the funniest shit I've heard in a long time. your buddy doesn't know shit all or this is another great Trolling thread.

·
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well 5th gear, you are right. I really dont know the guy, but that must be some BS advice from his part. I dont know alot about bikes! so i rely on you guys to kinda point me in the right direction! and it helps alot! i dont wanna get ripped off, i want something as a first beginner bike that will last a few years!

Well what is a good amount of KMS to look for when buying a bike?

ANY advice will help. you guys are PRO's im the noob!:surrender

·
Premium Member
11,196 Posts
Yeah, there's nowhere near that sort of markup on bikes.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts