BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay I have my Road Test tommorw Morning (8:30am) in Chilliwack.. I just need a few pointers for my test, umm soo does it go like this? Turning left? do you put in the left lane first and then go left.. and right turns put youre bike into the right position and then go right.. when changing lane positiong (SP) do you have to point or signal?? umm what else?? Do you have to do figure 8's??? at all?? PLEAZ help... im running outta time! hahah.. other than that I think ill do okay... ohhh.. shoulder checking when should you do it??? When stoping as well??? humm... pointers please!!!... would be appreiciated (sp) hahah... thanxs

:confused

·
Wanderer of the Wastes
6,817 Posts
The main thing to keep in mind, is they are going to try to trick you in everything they say. when they say turn left, they actually mean 'do a wheelie'. When they say turn right, they really mean 'do a rolling burnout around the corner'. It's really confusing, but just think how bored they are driving behind wannabe bikers all day. They want some action, they want to see some stunts! They'll actually pass you right away if you do a fat multi-gear standup. Nothing else says control like a one handed wheelie.

D

·
0 Posts
i guess now would be a good time to read the motorcycle manuals from icbc. all the information you need is found in them.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Ummm, wow. Are you going for your 'Skills Test' or the 'Road Test'? Because if it's the Road Test, I would consider rescheduling at a later date. All of these things should be second nature before you go for the Road Test.

As for the Skills Test, no you no longer have to do a figure-eight, but you will have to ride 'walking-speed' in a straight line, do a tight-turn, a slalom course and other slow-speed manouvers. You will also have to accelerate hard and do an emergency stop without locking up your rear wheel.

As for your other questions:
No, you don't have to signal lane postition changes. Shoulder checking-- make sure you do it because they will be watching for it (that's the only thing I got demerits for).
Good Luck!

·
Super Moderator
5,114 Posts
here's my quick and dirty guide of pointers:

Shoulder Checking:
(1). Do a shoulder check in both directions everytime you come to a complete stop (ie: stoplight, stop sign, etc, anytime you stop completely)
(2). Do a shoulder check when changing lane positions in your lane (signal or hand signal is not required)
(3). Shoulder check when changing into another lane.

Changing Lanes:
(1). Shoulder check, signal, shoulder check, change lanes, turn signal off.
(2). Same goes with merging onto highways or yield signs and stuff.

Turning:
(1). Left lane position when turning left, and Right lane position when turning right.
(2). Try not to drift wide in your turns.

Speed:
(1). Do the speed limt, regardless of traffic around you. dont go too slow, but dont go any faster than 5km/h over the posted limit.
(2). Watch out for school zones, playgrounds, construction zones, etc, do proper speed in those areas.

Turn Signals:
(1). REMEMBER TO TURN THEM OFF EVERYTIME YOU USE THEM!

Scanning:
(1). Always over exagerate your head scanning. (so they can see that you are actually scanning around).
(2). Try to do your over exagerated head scanning quite a bit. not all the time, but quite a bit.
(3). Scan the mirrors often too, exagerate this by doing the chicken dance (bending arms in and turning head to see into mirror)

after that, thats about all you need to know, just use proper lane position while you see fit, and watch your speed. They dont make you do figure 8s, but they should make you do 1 U-turn (shoulder and signal when doing this), and stop you and ask you to identify road hazards.

Good luck.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Canadian_Gixxer-

you coverd it all... man thanks allot! ... I like the detail! haha..

tommorw is the eariliest that i Could book it.. other wise I would be waiting till Aug..... and it is my Acctual Road test

1 - 7 of 7 Posts