BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Got Crazy?
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My only question is, will I be able to install it in an underground parking garage? Anyone have any expierience with this? Yes I know I have to ask the landlord, but I just want to see if anyone has it done it in the underground parking of their building?

Thanks

·
banned user
6,255 Posts
crazycharlie909 said:
My only question is, will I be able to install it in an underground parking garage? Anyone have any expierience with this? Yes I know I have to ask the landlord, but I just want to see if anyone has it done it in the underground parking of their building?

Thanks
hmmm I dont understand? isnt an underground parking garage just a big garage? I dont see any logical reason why you couldnt install it in there as long as you dont take over anyones parking stalls doing it?

·
Got Crazy?
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
adam112 said:
hmmm I dont understand? isnt an underground parking garage just a big garage? I dont see any logical reason why you couldnt install it in there as long as you dont take over anyones parking stalls doing it?
Its not the actual physics of installation I'm worried about. Its if I will actually be allowed to do it. I just wanna know if people have, and if they had any trouble getting permission. Obviously its gonna vary between buildings, but a little forsight never hurt anyone.

T

·
0 Posts
Charlie, it only needs four screws into the ground...message PureEvil he's the inventor of the things and can answer all your questions

·
100%GOON
1,908 Posts
Hey Charlie,

pm. tWiN gRiNs. its his business and he is a top drawer guy. I bought one after the champ got stolen an and my new '1' is still with me! Insane service!

·
100%GOON
1,908 Posts
prolly have to buy it from a dealer/vendor of his. Then Jay or one of his crew will do the install. Go for the 'axle guards' also...a few bucks more but then they scum can't take your back wheel off.

·
100%GOON
1,908 Posts
I just found his cell number and will PM it so someone doesn't sell it on manchat.com

·
Aging Kid-at-Heart
515 Posts
thundergod said:
Charlie, it only needs four screws into the ground...message PureEvil he's the inventor of the things and can answer all your questions
PureEvil bought one... he didn't invent it... wrong Jay... tWiN gRiNs is the right one...
need his number... PM me...

·
Still defying gravity...
2,853 Posts

·
Fuelled by rice
4,467 Posts
definitely talk to your strata or landlord first since you will be drilling into the ground

T

·
0 Posts
AlpineJunkie said:
PureEvil bought one... he didn't invent it... wrong Jay... tWiN gRiNs is the right one...
need his number... PM me...
ooops My Bad!! I get my J's confused sometimes but knew one of em was the man responsible for the Bike Brace hahaaa:laughing

·
Registered
6,127 Posts
Yea Jay aka Twin Grins is the owner/manufacturer of the bike brace. Im just a happy customer.

I think to this date Jay said my strata was the hardest one to get approval. I had to go through so many hoops to get approval. I had to submit pictures, submit dimesions, I had to agree to placing a cone in it when the bike is gone, etc. Their concern was that when the bike is gone someone may trip over it and sue the strata. But I said how is that any different from someone walking into a pillar? So we agreed on the cone. Then they dicked around for a few weeks and I started to get worried cuz my new ride was coming in. Well from previous experience I used to push the bike in my basement and I found out that it voids everyones fire insurance, not just mine. So when it came down to it I kept that ace in my back pocket. I basically had to play hardball and told em if you dont approve of it, I will just keep the bike in my basement.... im sure the other owners would rather you let me install it than void their insurance. I got approved the next day. :D

Best couple hundred bucks you can spend on your bike IMO.

·
Unregistered User
2,769 Posts
Ditto, about Jay (Twin Grins). His service is top rate, and the product once installed will definitely help you sleep better at night.

Stratas are a pain in the butt. No matter what you do someone always has way too much time on their hands and will undoubtedly complain. So begins the long drawn out letter-writing campaign. Maybe just install it out of the way, ie. as close to the wall as possible, and wait to see if any reactions come. Jay can remove it as easily as the installation.

·
rain? whats that!
5,834 Posts
Definitely do a search like Adam suggested. There was a good thread about what can happen if you drill holes in certain types of concrete and the ensuing shit storm.

·
Still defying gravity...
2,853 Posts
greenboy said:
Maybe just install it out of the way, ie. as close to the wall as possible, and wait to see if any reactions come. Jay can remove it as easily as the installation.

hey Steve, good to see you have upgraded to a Suzuki Swift :laughing

Don't forget you can always mount the Brace to a wall. With my single-sided swingarm and low mounted rear brake, this was the easiest mount for me - and my neighbours, who like the fact they cannot trip over it!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts