BC Sport Bikes Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Fast Pack Slow Guy
4,722 Posts
Wow, what a bunch of disinformation that that 'cop' was giving you.

1) I've ridden my motorcycle through the Nexus lane many times and there's nothing to 'trigger'. Just ride up, wave your card at the panel and Bob's your dad's brother. I've naught had to 'go in' at all. Sometimes I've had to wave my Nexus card a second time when I'm at the booth but it's never been an issue to be on a bike in the Nexus lane.

2) You don't get charged duty (not 'taxes', well, I guess duty is a form of tax) on items you wouldn't get charged for in the other lanes - it all revolves around how much time you spent in the U.S. of course. You may have to declare everything you bring in but you won't be charged duty for items that you're allowed to bring in based on customs laws.

3) The Nexus lane is either open or it's not. If it's unmanned, then it's either closed (there'll be a huge plastic barrier in your way filled with water or sand that's neon orange so you're bound to notice it) or if the lane is open with a big green GO arrow, then welcome to Canada.

· Fast Pack Slow Guy
4,722 Posts
Maybe someone can answer this question. Are bikes allowed to lane split, at the border lineup, to the front of the line?

I've only crossed the border a couple of times on my bike. Both times, at the truck crossing, a man in a orange vest invited me to cut to the front of the line. So, does this happen for everyone? Does this happen everyday? Does it happen for both directions? Does a motorcyclist need to be waved up or invited to the front?
I've talked to riders who've been turned back by the border guard after they've observing them doing just this.

You'll also have some really, really pissed car drivers to contend with.

Attempt this at your own risk. Or get a Nexus card.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.