BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I talked to Burnaby Kawi today and the bike is getting picked up from BMatthews house between 5 and 6 tonight and should be ready by tomorrow afternoon. I had the option of going with the tire plug or a new tire but I opted for the new tire cause they said if you do any aggresive riding you really should not use the plug for long term use. I got a quote from Bk today for a new
D-207 and it was $270.22. I called up Bill at 5th Gear in white rock and picked up the same tire for $220 with tax :eek. Talk about a MAJOR savings. I always buy from him though so I get really good deals. And I know, I know, take it easy for the first 200 kms on the new tire. I have heard way to many horror stories, so I am gonna break it in nice and easy :rider

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Ryan you going to pick up that old tire as well ? I wouldn't mind plugging it and using it....I used my last tire which was plugged on the 3 day of use all the way till 15k......let me know and ya regarding the price, the dealer you go to most often will always give you a break.....I got my Dunlop 220 rear and 205 front for $400 including taxes from BK.....

B

·
0 Posts
hey Ryan, i wonder if they would have been able to match that price at BK. I once had a great offer on a pair of gloves from Modern and i told Trevor about the offer, and he matched it for me. He said he wouldn't normally do it for that cheap, i don't think he made more than $5 off of the sale, but he did it for me anyways and stuff like that is why i go back for everything. Also, Manny has been great to me as well, especially today. He answered all my questions patiently, took me upstairs to look for old fairings, and let me take them home without worrying about the price. He said to make sure they fit how i wanted and then he'd work it out with Trevor. And that too is why i will always go to them.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I go to BK for a lot of things. I bought my jacket bike gloves helmet boots and other things there. I go to 5th gear a lot too cause he is like 5 minutes away usually as aposed to a rush our drive to BK unless its the weekend.;)

S

·
0 Posts
actually a new tire is pretty good for traction.just have to wear the releasing compound off.a couple of good corners aughta do it.not to fast though.

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
ya no worries Ryan, was just inquiring un case you were throwing it away....break in is 150, I dunno, you can go fast while breaking it in, just don't accelerate hard....heck I went to joffre lake straight from BK on a new Dunlop 220....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts