BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would love to hear some advice/opinions.

My girlfriend has a very small frame. She weighs about 5'4" and 105lbs. I'm looking for a jacket for her and I am considering the following:

Joe Rocket Trixie Women's Jacket

Icon Kitty Women's Leather Jacket

Alpinestars 4W Dyno Women's Leather Jacket

Does anyone own any of these jackets or simply have some advice for me? I know the best thing would be to go and try on a bunch of jackets, but I was just looking to see if anyone had any experience with these particular ones. thanks.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
get the matching chaps for the Icons. ;)

Some alterations will probably need to be made for most jackest in the length of the sleeves. They really don't design jackets with small asian woman in mind, eventhough the're all made in china or taiwan.

My wife had a tough time fitting some of the jackets but we tried on several different kinds. Textile jacket that are adjustable fit her better, leathers tend to be a little long in the sleeve. She's around 5'2" or so.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mli35 said:
get the matching chaps for the Icons. ;)
you read my mind... She could even wear them in the bedroom.

mli35 said:
My wife had a tough time fitting some of the jackets but we tried on several different kinds. Textile jacket that are adjustable fit her better, leathers tend to be a little long in the sleeve. She's around 5'2" or so.
Which jacket ending up fitting the best?

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Dianiese fit ok, if I remember correctly the alpinestar fit the best for leathers. Still a little long in the arms if I recall but it's ok when she wears gloves. Icon was a little larger in the shoulders. I would recommend going down to one or two of the larger Seattle motorcycle shop to try on Jackets. They have a bigger sellection of brands and sizes. ie Cycle Barn. You may not save much when shopping down there but you could always buy it online once you find one that fits.

Good luck.

PS chaps are just hot on girls!

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good Advice mli35. I think I'll do that. I wonder if they will have much at the Tradex show in Abbotsford next week...

Dalma...you're right. ;)

·
Driving People Crazy
211 Posts
I've got the JR Trixie jkt and pants and I'm pretty happy with them except that my pants have stretched and I've lost weight too so I might need to invest in a second pair of pants - pants stretch a lot. I like the fit, the cut of the pants make my ass look great. The jkt has zip out lining, elbow shoulder & back padding, & vents. My major complaint is that the sleeves are too long. Pants have padding in the knees and hips (which I've removed).

Icon Kitty - looks like a decent jacket but I didn't take a serious look at it because I refuse to wear pink or baby blue.

I don't recall seeing the alpinestars jacket when I was looking, maybe I did see it and it didn't compare?

·
Registered
202 Posts
haha no need to apologize to me..I'm not the repost police! I think that title has already been assigned to *cough*Doug*cough* :p :laughing

·
Registered
3 Posts
Simple said:
Good Advice mli35. I think I'll do that. I wonder if they will have much at the Tradex show in Abbotsford next week...

Dalma...you're right. ;)
They usually have plenty of samples on hand at least that she can try on... if not for sale. They also have lots of bikes that you/she can try on as well! :coffee

A

·
0 Posts
nevagirl said:
I don't recall seeing the alpinestars jacket when I was looking, maybe I did see it and it didn't compare?
The Alpinestars Dyno jacket has been in production for years, in both men's and women's cuts. In fact, the Dyno model has been around longer than the Icon brand has.

Unfortunately, I don't often see it in stock at dealers. Maybe that's cuz it doesn't come in trendy "girly" colours. :rolleyes

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks again for all the great info folks. I am really leaning towards the Alpinestars Dyno (if it fits her) and if not...I might have to go for the Dainese.

:O

·
Meh... that's nice...
518 Posts
I have the Alpinestar Dyno jacket and love it. I got mine for a really good deal at Bby Kawi last April (I think?... around that time). I've heard that Icon doesn't make the best stuff.... I'd stay away from Icon if you could. If you want to get her a set - go for the JR... just the jacket? go for Alpinestar... just my 2 cents :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts