BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
just enjoying the ride...
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
... time to replace my aging leather old school-Arlen Ness style jacket...

Appreciatte opinions/experience on Icon Merc, fabric jacket??

Leather hot & heavy, not best in wet. Merc black nice style, attractive price. Used to have Belstaff waxed cotton Tourmaster years back, pretty heavy... little too much.

Ridin mostly local, Vancouver, F-Valley area, odd zip to Kamloops, Seattle... typically all year (much less in way cold months), usually wear woollys under in colder months & if rain is likely... always :)

Thanks in advance...
--
Busa rider...

·
user
98 Posts
Not sure if this helps, but I've got the Team Merc. It fits nice, but it's not water resistant. Pretty cool in the summer because of the meshy material under the arms. Shoulder pads, elbows and a thin back protector make you feel safe. A bit too flashy with all the badges and numbers and stuff, but I like mine. Oh and much lighter than leather.

·
Not wearing pants.
3,387 Posts
Icon's mesh seems to be decent. I just got a TiMax 2 jacket in black...great fit, crazy looks, and seems to be great quality.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Icon's mesh seems to be decent. I just got a TiMax 2 jacket in black...great fit, crazy looks, and seems to be great quality.
I've been thinking about getting a Timax 2 jacket as well. I've been trying to decide between the leather and the nylon version. I'm starting to lean towards the nylon because I could wear a waterproof liner underneath for the rain. Leather doesn't like the rain much...

·
Registered
439 Posts
well i have the women's white icon merc (and white?! what was i thinking!)
but otherwise like it, esp if you have long ape-like arms... fits them well.

·
Riding in the rain
253 Posts
um, like the others said, looks great and fit well.

Why don't you goto a shop and just try it on?
Should be on sale now (since it's the end of bike season)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts