BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Whach u talkn bout Willis
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was planning on getting one or the other. The icons look PIMP but im curoius how they are when the shit hits the fan (crash) compared to the alipinestar.

ALso the alpinestar look like they offer more flexibility than the metal plated TIMax gloves. Anyone tried both, can you post your feelings on them.

·
And shepherds we shall be
2,941 Posts
Remy said:
thats it :|
For the gloves, yeah. The bike on the other hand...

Even thought I still think the Timax were a good buy, I should add that the overall quality is so-so. I had to return the first pair cause the stiching came apart(thanks Ted at imperial) and stopped using the zipper on the gauntlet.

Edit: Oh, and I forgot, Bill (5thGear) use to have a beef with Icon and suggested a boycott. Wonder where that stands now...

·
Sex Appeal
1,560 Posts
miraclejoe said:
For the gloves, yeah. The bike on the other hand...

Even thought I still think the Timax were a good buy, I should add that the overall quality is so-so. I had to return the first pair cause the stiching came apart(thanks Ted at imperial) and stopped using the zipper on the gauntlet.

Edit: Oh, and I forgot, Bill (5thGear) use to have a beef with Icon and suggested a boycott. Wonder where that stands now...
not very well... sense last time i went there.. he was selling icon vests/backprotectors

·
Whach u talkn bout Willis
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I think the icons look nice but what about the feel and useability. The alipinestar look like they would provide more movemnet with the fingers and control?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts