BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
6,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Watching this video is painful. Not the quality of the video, but the sheer lack of riding capability.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pqh862HSTRs

I'm not sure if he doesn't "get" counter-steer, cannot read very basic entry points into and out of corners, or is just plain going insane. As a 16 yr old on my first street bikes, I had the basics figured out. This guy, NOT.

·
BCSB Public Relations
10,237 Posts
"Stupid" does not even begin to cover it.

I guess completely blowing fifty corners was not enough of a sign that he should slow down. And he was still passing people... what a nightmare to have such idiots on the road. (Had a similarly skilled squid pass me on an orange sportbike on King George HWY today.)

Best thing you can hope for is to not be involved in their inevitable fuck up.

·
I like traffic cones :S
15,773 Posts
Whats with people and putting their heads over the line in corners?

Do they not like their heads? Do they not expect another numbnuts to be doing the same?

·
Registered Luser
2,111 Posts
Whats with people and putting their heads over the line in corners?

Do they not like their heads? Do they not expect another numbnuts to be doing the same?
Er, so the othe numbnuts would be leaning to the outside of the corner?

Great find on the vid, I'd have said someone trolling u tube except for the ending. Just fubar'd every corner.

·
I like traffic cones :S
15,773 Posts
Never know... Or just going wide.

there was an overlay pic of a rider making a left turn like that and a bus or truck going the other way. Guess how much of his torso would have been going bye bye.

·
Twin A
8,019 Posts
By golly that's frightening. jeez how many warnings do you need to learn you're in over your head and slow down?

·
countdown to next crash..
2,658 Posts
you can literally hear him pull the clutch all the way in and coast around some of the tighter corners.....frightening.
That was fucking scary. Ride in hot to a corner you can’t see around, then pull the clutch and coast through it? fucking nuts. I'm not a great rider at all, but the obvious thing there would have been slow down before the corner..

·
Registered Luser
2,111 Posts
how many people here have ridden deals gap?
seems kinda mee-moo. heavy enforcement, super busy, poor sightlines, and plenty of madmen who think they are riding the Carolina TT. maybe i'm missing something.
i'm thinkin the locals treat it as their own s2s and avoid except for a slow cruise.

·
Registered
6,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Think you nailed it Claude he's ready for a litre bike!! :roflmao

LOL, yeah. I've ridden the series 2 Sprint [idiot rode a Sprint RS] and by no means are they a nimble machine. But this guy is losing the plot.

The unfortunate thing is, I see this every time I go to Squambucks on my 50 yr old Norton. I get blitzed on the straights by a bike that has 300% more power, , only to collect the squid-oids in the most subtle of corners.

Never ridden the Gap. It seems to me the perfect road for a sticky radial shod DRZ400, or KTM 530.

·
just having fun
4,007 Posts
i don't like to criticize others for something i may not be good at, but holly mother… i stopped breathing each time he blew a corner. actually surprised that the 'ending' didn't come sooner.

·
must have more bacon
5,434 Posts
I'm with jaybo , how many corners do you have to blow before it dawns that you are way over your head

in the end his luck ran out and he will live in infamy on the interwebs .......tamor anyone ?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts