BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I park my bike right in front of my house, and my roommate just saw two guys sitting on my bike and taking pictures. I ran outside to yell at them and they just took off laughing, like it was no big deal, they just wanted to take a picture (never mind on someone else's property.)

Does this happen to you guys with any frequency? How do you deal with it? (I'm thinking of designing some sort of electrode thing with a small separate battery that allows them to complete a circuit.)

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Nothing says stay away from my bike like a brick to the skull. :laughing

Ryan

R

·
0 Posts
get an alarm and make it beep. When people hear alarms, they'll take a look and I'm sure those people will scram.

·
The Philosopher King
1,345 Posts
actually the best way is to throw a bike cover over it... or to build in an ejector seat....i was leaving my freinds house and some guy was sitting his kids on my bike and taking pictures. I said excuse me what are you doing? he said ohh come on man we are just taking pictures... i asked him how he would like it if i sat on one of his kids...he left

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
I heard about some chopper rider that apparently had this problem and found a cure. His saddle was held on with a lock of some form or he modified it to allow that and cut a hole in the saddle. When he parked he would remove the saddle and add a big 8 inch chromed spike that stuck up out the middle of the saddle and then relock the saddle down with the spike sticking up.

So who will be first on their block with one? :D

I suspect most folks won't bother someone's bike but there's always a few. I remember someone here came back to find a father holding his kid on the saddle and the kid was kicking away in glee. Of course the idiot father just sluffed it off. It's the sort of thing that would likely make me follow him back to his car and then kick his paint up nicely to match the damage level.

·
Registered
11,614 Posts
I am always surprised to read stuff like this.
The gall of some people.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Wait.. so this type of thing isn't okay?

Does that mean I also shouldn't be jumping into someones convertible when it's parked with the top down?

·
BADUNKADUNK
1,408 Posts
I'd go put on my work boots (steel toe) and follow through with a swift kick to the nads.:rockon

·
Registered
819 Posts
Leave a really big empty holster on the seat with a note that says "I can see you, can you see me?"

Trust me the holster will there when you get back.

R

·
0 Posts
Rooster said:
Leave a really big empty holster on the seat with a note that says "I can see you, can you see me?"

Trust me the holster will there when you get back.
some little punk ass kid will steal it and run away for the fun of it

·
West Koots, I'm here....
3,226 Posts
I like the solution some Hardley rider displayed in front of the American Hotel. Chain up a nasty-looking pit bull to your ride!! The milk crate on the passenger seat was there to hold his "deterrent" while riding, then when the bike was parked the dog was sitting on the sidewalk, calmly, beside the bike. I didn't get close enough to the dog/bike to see if dog was friendly!!! Worked like a charm!!

R

·
0 Posts
lol nice doggie!!

or...hire greg valentino to watch the bike. I don't think anyone...anyone would mess with him

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
flyfishinwoman said:
I like the solution some Hardley rider displayed in front of the American Hotel. Chain up a nasty-looking pit bull to your ride!! The milk crate on the passenger seat was there to hold his "deterrent" while riding, then when the bike was parked the dog was sitting on the sidewalk, calmly, beside the bike. I didn't get close enough to the dog/bike to see if dog was friendly!!! Worked like a charm!!
What i'd do is get a steak.. show it to the dog and throw it, then watch him knock the bike over.. :D

Ryan

·
And shepherds we shall be
2,941 Posts
Silent Scream said:
Wait.. so this type of thing isn't okay?

Does that mean I also shouldn't be jumping into someones convertible when it's parked with the top down?
You can hop on my bike anytime.

·
Registered
875 Posts
miraclejoe said:
You can hop on my bike anytime.
With a line like that you must have women all over you and your bike. :rolleyes

·
SuperStyling
3,098 Posts
.Z. said:
So, I park my bike right in front of my house, and my roommate just saw two guys sitting on my bike and taking pictures. I ran outside to yell at them and they just took off laughing, like it was no big deal, they just wanted to take a picture (never mind on someone else's property.)

Does this happen to you guys with any frequency? How do you deal with it? (I'm thinking of designing some sort of electrode thing with a small separate battery that allows them to complete a circuit.)
Oh shit, you yelled at them? Now they are gonna come back and mess your bike up!

You should have brought your camera and and told them to say cheese mofo!!!!! :laughing And then post the pics of them up on the net.

I think getting an alarmed disc-lock reallly helps here.

·
And shepherds we shall be
2,941 Posts
Silent Scream said:
With a line like that you must have women all over you and your bike. :rolleyes
Hey, consider yourself lucky, you are the first person I hit on in a long time. Just got out of a 4.5 year relationship.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I tell him/her that my bike is Not For Sale so don't sit on it.
But I'll offer her a ride around the block if she wants. :rockon :rider

1 - 20 of 54 Posts