BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on my sport bike ;)





my bike (worth probably 2 track bikes, what the hell am I thinking :D)


rolling endo


jump at gm


I've got a video put together but its way to big for my mb limit, and its all old footage. I'm hoping that my ability to wheelie till the cows come home on this guy helps me when I decide to try it on my r6 :eek :laughing

-arai-
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
20 Posts
Which model of Santa Cruz is that ? Boxxer with the downhill package? Looks real nice.

The vid you sent me was funny. Although certaintly better than anything I could do on my bike. Mind you, my bike doesn't have suspension. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah this summer I'll get the actual cool stuff. The vid I sent you was when I first got my cam so I just went to a couple city spots. The North shore stuff is sweet, and theres one jump near the water thats a 10-12 footer. I'll try and get footage from the 23 foot school roof jump too :D
I was thinking about selling it to get a track bike but its so much fun I'm a little unsure.

oh yeah its a santacruz bullit, all with custom parts, raceface cranks, rockshox boxxer forks, blah blah. Funny story actually, when I got rid of my gsxr-600 I sold it to the owner of this bike shop in exchange for this bike and some cash, so I got to pick everything I wanted on it.


-arai-
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,195 Posts
Well that makes my new Stumpjumper look like chopped liver........ (long drawn out sarcastic wail) Thaaaankyoou

:D

Sweet ride. How long you had it and have you done much serious off road?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've had it for about a year so far. And for off road, yeah I go up to northshore and got out to whistler a couple times last summer. Its nice to get gondola'd to the top :D but it still takes a lot out of your physically by the end of the day. I guess theres something about doing 70-80km/hr on loose gravel that makes your muscles tense up ;) Unfortunatly I usually dont take my camera with me on the crazy trips cause I'm a little worried about coming off at speed and landing on my back/camera *ouch*

I had one time on the north shore where I came off the bike to the side of the trail and at the last second noticed this spike pointing at my chest! Someone had cut down a tree at an angle and left pretty much a wooden spike with roots. I turned at the last second and it missed impailing me but left a nasty cut on my chest. Left the adrenaline pumping a little bit :rolleyes
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
5,114 Posts
arai said:

I had one time on the north shore where I came off the bike to the side of the trail and at the last second noticed this spike pointing at my chest! Someone had cut down a tree at an angle and left pretty much a wooden spike with roots. I turned at the last second and it missed impailing me but left a nasty cut on my chest. Left the adrenaline pumping a little bit :rolleyes
WOW :eek :eek

Those are some sweet pics.... now I wanna see you do the same thing on your R6 :) and dont give me the excuse of "I'm still in my breakin" :) I know you're only a few kms away now until you can wide open throttle that baby :) :laughing :laughing
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,195 Posts
I'm hoping to find someone that shares my desire to try some Shore stuff but they have to be in the same pathetic condition as me and have a healthy sense of self preservation :rolleyes

A couple of regulars at the LBS have offered to take me along but I really don't want to hold them up that badly.

Tall order I know. But I really want to try some rides up there. Mind you I'll be using the "bail out" side detours around the big stuff or just carry my bike through the undergrowth while others ride the elevated highways above me. I'm just not willing to pay that level of consequence for a simple riding error.

I can certainly see how 70 to 80 kph down a loose mountain would pucker up the ol' sphincter. As for that booby trap with the branch :eek

The fastest I've gone off road was down a logging road at about 40 or so kph. Got into a little rear end drift coming around a corner and slowed down a little. That was enough of that cause I didn't have my pads on. It was on a ride in Mexico.
 
B

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
I wanna get a sweet mountain bike like that too!! Man, there are way too many things out there that i want to buy!! A truck, a digital cam, a moto BP model, a mountain bike, a track bike, a new helmet, new boots, new leathers, ...... i can't wait till Vegas:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,070 Posts
The fastest I've gone off road was down a logging road at about 40 or so kph
You think that's fast try doing 75kmh down marine drive hill in whiterock crouched down on one of these. Its a longer version of a skateboard meant for high speed. At first it scared the $h!t outta me but now I can do it over and over. I hold on to the side of my friends car door with the window down while he accelereates and I let go at about 60 and accelerate to around 75. At least thats what his speedo said while he followed me.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,195 Posts
Ryan, that would be one crazy ride all right. And the sense of speed with your head that low to the ground must be crazy.

I'll pass............ :D
 

·
Resident Banana
Joined
·
2,694 Posts
I've always wondered what it would be like to go down the sfu hill on a scooter wearing hockey gear.....safety does count:D . As stupid as it sounds, I bet it would be a hell of a ride:laughing .
 

·
I'm back
Joined
·
1,947 Posts
Ryan R said:


You think that's fast try doing 75kmh down marine drive hill in whiterock crouched down on one of these. Its a longer version of a skateboard meant for high speed. At first it scared the $h!t outta me but now I can do it over and over. I hold on to the side of my friends car door with the window down while he accelereates and I let go at about 60 and accelerate to around 75. At least thats what his speedo said while he followed me.
Wait....you were on that thing hanging on to your friends car inches away from his back wheel at 60 kph? Heh your nuts, no thanks :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,070 Posts
Its not as bad as it seems. When I hold onto the car at the start its as stable as ever cause I am standing and when I let go I crouch down and am on my own and he backs way off to follow. When the weather gets better I will get a video of it and post it up here. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
417 Posts
Bluestone said:
Man, there are way too many things out there that i want to buy!! A truck, a digital cam, a moto BP model, a mountain bike, a track bike, a new helmet, new boots, new leathers, ...... i can't wait till Vegas:D
Get the digital cam first, take some nice pics on your trip to post here :cool
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top