• Yes, only if he's competitive

Votes: 6 11.3%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
builder of bikes
4,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If Rossi makes the switch to F1, will you watch? F.O.A. (Emperor Bernie) would very much like to get him behind the wheel of a Ferrari in 2007 if and when The Cheating German Bastard retires. An Italian has not won a World Championship, let alone in a Ferrari, in a long time.

Will you set your VCR/PVR for 4:30am every second Sunday as many already do?

Discuss.

·
Premium Member
7,666 Posts
I would start watching it for sure. At least for the first half of the season or so...to evaluate if I actually find the sport itself entertaining or not.

Rossi's a great personality though, so that's probably the kind of catalyst it would take to get me interested in F1. :)

S

·
0 Posts
I already watch it. But where is the "disgusted if he moves" Option? I will enjoy watching Kimi Raikkonen paint the tyre walls with red Ferrari colours. (No harm caused to Valentino of course!)

·
Registered
11,614 Posts
I already watch F1, but would be doubly interested if Rossi made the switch. Hopefully, Rossi would find some stick-in-the-mud dude (like Biaggi) to bitch-slap around the block each race. That would be cool. :evilgrin

D

·
0 Posts
SpideRider said:
Hopefully, Rossi would find some stick-in-the-mud dude (like Biaggi) to bitch-slap around the block each race.
i nominate JPM as rossi's next whipping boy.

i'd nominate JV, but someone would get mad....:eek

·
builder of bikes
4,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
doug said:
i nominate JPM as rossi's next whipping boy.

i'd nominate JV, but someone would get mad....:eek
Easy there fella. JV had his day in the spotlight, I've moved on. I'm thrilled that Williams is powered by Cosworth now. My fave team.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
I'll probably just watch the highlights. Just to see how he does. It'll be a pretty big deal if he wins a few races.

F

·
0 Posts
id watch the highlights ,maybe more like just seem interested when someone brings it up in conversation .Never got into f1 or cart or any open wheeled cars .

il stick to touring cars,rally,imsa stuff like that with sort of normal cars ,cept NASCRAP ,since they dont use anything resembling a car anymore no thanks.Wish i was able to watch the hemi's and fords battle in the 60's 70's .

i love watching rossi ,but no thanks to F1 ,id rather see him win on a kawi or zook in GP

·
Registered
871 Posts
i watch occasionaly now, so would probably watch more.
f1 will need another villian tho, as ms will leave after this year.
i may have to watch villeneuve's title winning race again now. it's been about 8 years since i saw it last.

·
Ride Solo
4,214 Posts
I'd probably watch. As it is, I love the technology and the sound that comes with F1, but the racing just doesn't appeal to me the way a good MotoGP (or WSBK) race does.

·
its closer now
1,858 Posts
ahh...PVR will be my friend for ever... just bought a new 260g hard drive just for PVR use!!

i think F1 will get batter, it has too after last years shamefull ongoings!

·
Ghost SV Rider
1,469 Posts
Unless F1 gains more passing, it'll always be boring. Rossi would make things more interesting, but not so much to make it fun to watch. Either way, I still pass out a bit during the races.

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Mighty Kentor said:
I have no time to watch more tv. If I were a single bloke with no life, then I'd be all over it.
hahaha.. so true. I don't watch *any* TV anymore. A bit here and there, but nothing regular.

Although.. I still find time for F1 and some hockey. And I download a couple of shows to watch at my own convience.

Hard to tell in this picture, but that'd be F1 from early last year:

·
Flieger sind Sieger!
2,050 Posts
Good question, Jason. I don't know if Rossi is interested like I am in motorsport history, but there's only one guy who's won the Grand Prix world championship on four wheels and two, so maybe he's gunning to go for Surtees' record.

·
Registered
162 Posts
i watch f1 already. i even went and saw the german grand prix last summer when i was backpacking europe. it would be an interesting switch, but i would only be impressed if he was competetive. of course comming into a team with one of the fastest cars and fastest budget will help. n e way we look at it kimi is gonna win this year and FA can wait until he is on mclaren in 2007 to win again. with the rossi switch f1 is going to grab A LOT more veiwers, unless bernie keeps running things the way he is :surrender and ruining the sport.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts