BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got out for a sweet night boarding run at cypress. I figure if the snow's going to ruin my chances for a good bike ride, it might as well be useful in SOME way :D sweet powder drops ... I mean... evil snow, go away.... arggg no I'm confusing myself :rolleyes

-arai-

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
I have yet to go snowboarding/skiing any mountain activities really besides hiking up the Grouse Grind. I really gotta get out there and try it. The mountains from here in Richmond look AWESOME the last few days, I can only imagine how great they are for snow.

·
Just Another Enthusiast
2,051 Posts
Yes, I figured the same thing, arai. So I went to Baker, where you can actually enjoy the powder. ;) Not to diss the locals, but they get small accumulations and if they ever get more than 10cm, the runs are not steep enough to do anything other than straight line. For spring conditions, the locals rule. For powder, the bigger mountains kill.

I have only gone snowboarding twice this winter, both to Baker and both days I was treated to over 40cm of fresh. I sucked both times and not nearly as much fun as I remember, but riding powder is still enjoyable. :)

Keep the snow in the mountains and keep the mainland clear and sunny. I could handle that all year round!

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I totally agree about the powder but there are some exceptions, I had a killer run on cypress earlier this season. It was a night run after a huge dump and we went on this dark run in the trees (required going under a rope :rolleyes) . Well the power was probably 4-6 feet deep!! and we were under the stars and moon with no other lights around. It was like this nirvana, so sweet. it almost felt like you were floating on air as it was nice powder and there was no way you'd ever get deep enough to feel the hardpack. It was great terrain too as there were all these windblown trees that were covered in snow in one part, so you were just hitting these 4 foot drops all over the place :D cant stop smiling thinking about it.

-arai-

1 - 4 of 4 Posts