BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered Abuser
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I seen this 20th aniversary Optimus Prime on eBay and just had to have it.
The ol lady thinks I'm a fool for buying it but I think it's pretty macho.
It's just over a foot tall and his chest opens up to reveal the Matrix, it lights up too. :)

·
Registered
807 Posts
cool :)

i don't really remember much about transformers except optimus prime, and the decepticons... i think i'm in need of watching the movie again, it's been years!

·
West Koots, I'm here....
3,226 Posts
Thery're back!! My nepwew, in grade 1, thinks they are the rage. Really goes to prove that if ya leave it alone for a while, then bring it back, it'll catch on again! I've even seen the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles on the kid's TV channel, so there ya go for proof!!! Does this knowledge make me a nerd???

·
Pixel Hustler since '88
82 Posts
kuldip said:
I seen this 20th aniversary Optimus Prime on eBay and just had to have it.
The ol lady thinks I'm a fool for buying it but I think it's pretty macho.
It's just over a foot tall and his chest opens up to reveal the Matrix, it lights up too. :)
Whoooooooooo... It has the Matrix inside... That's so cool... I still can't believe he died in the movie... I've said too much...

·
Registered
807 Posts
flyfishinwoman said:
Thery're back!! My nepwew, in grade 1, thinks they are the rage. Really goes to prove that if ya leave it alone for a while, then bring it back, it'll catch on again! I've even seen the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles on the kid's TV channel, so there ya go for proof!!! Does this knowledge make me a nerd???
nope :)

i've always been into the ninja turtles... i bet i still have a bunch of the toys at home in the attic! the new cartoon is pretty good too.

zen, you ruiner! :laughing

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Once again, I wish I hadn't thrown away my kid's collection of Transformers and Ninja Turtles. His were the originals, early eighties. I think the Transformers were metal. ( Did I mention I was OLD?)

·
Registered
11,614 Posts
You are not a nerd. You are a King among men.
I bow to thy rule, oh worker of the eBay machine. :D

·
Fast Pack Slow Guy
4,722 Posts
Some Transformers trivia:

That obnoxious rock song that Marky Mark sings in Boogie Nights is from a Transformers cartoon.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
The optimus prime is cool, the wolverine is alright... but the spiderman is pushing it.

·
Registered Abuser
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
SpideRider said:
You are not a nerd. You are a King among men.
I bow to thy rule, oh worker of the eBay machine. :D
lol, please tell my girl friend that.:roflmao

·
Registered
528 Posts
can u even buy the orginal transformers anywhere, tried looking for them for fun on ebay but didnt see a single one. if anyone has one they should bring to the antique road show.

·
Registered
841 Posts
I still have the original Optimus Prime in mint condition and original box withe the Eaton's price tag on it. My kids keep asking me to take it out of the box and play with it.

I was strolling through Golden Age Collectibles on Granville and saw other Transformers from the same era for $200+ without the box. That convinced my wife not to throw it away or any of my comics.

·
Registered Abuser
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You would love my brother in law Fotura. He has literally a room full of sealed Star Wars, Tranformers etc... toys

·
I'm back
1,947 Posts
kuldip said:
You would love my brother in law Fotura. He has literally a room full of sealed Star Wars, Tranformers etc... toys

·
Registered
841 Posts
^ lol. I could sadly relate to that movie. My wife almost cried when he was freaking out about selling his mint figurines.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts