BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep, the rumours are true! I'm back!!
6100kms, my first really high wheely, roads to die for, perfect weather, and a lllllooooonnnnngggg ride home. We left yesterday around noon from LA and I got in at 7pm tonight! More to come when i get some energy.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
good to hear you made it back in one piece...i assume you had a great time:thumbup

·
Resident Banana
2,694 Posts
Welcome back man....sounds like you had a blast. What roads did you ride....or didn't ride;) .

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sooo many roads to ride! But basically i hit the coast after Portland and went straight down to LA, hitting Laguna Seca on the way. The coast, for all who are considering it, is not what you think. It's way better. It's not a controlled 4 lane highway running down and through the mountains with cement barriers on both sides.
Nope.
It's one lane in either direction, no passing except when the car in front of you pulls off to the side for you,(and they almost always do as soon as they see you coming.) And very seldom are there any concrete medians between you and the cliffs. Occaisionally where it's stupidly dangerous, they'll put up some sort of barrier, but other than that, its a twisty, windy, fast in some places, 20km/h in others, blind uphill/downhill corners, in and out of the crevices of the cliffs and mountains with unbelieveably gorgeous water on one side, filled with beautiful sandy beaches that sometimes stretch further than your eyes can see. The water is clean and blue, filled with seals and whales at some points, crazy looking rocks at others.
In other words......it's heaven!! You have to do it if you are considering it! And it doesn't matter where you start. We started after Portland, and for most of Oregon it's a controlled road a bit inland from the coast, but then you hit California, ..... i guess that's where you should start. I'll put up some of the video i took with my camera mounted on my tnak bag.
Whatever you do, make sure you know your bike well before hand, and try not to have 150lbs of stuff strapped to your bike like i did. I just didn't feel comfortable getting low with that extra weight on, not to mention the deminished ground clearance.
Anyway.....to make a long story short....sort of..... go to California and hit the coast.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sounds awesome.

I leave June 14th for a Vegas trip. Hitting grand canyon on the way down, and coming back along the oregon coast.

I can't wait.

-dn

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Ya, I thought the coast was great, however I didn't have the luxuory of the bike. (or not luxory depending on how you look at it).

And I saw a lot of drivers pull to the side for bikes (and in Cali you can just lane split), they seem to have a lot more manners with bikes down there - actually general driving overall was better.

·
resident monkey boy
806 Posts
welcome back dude

1 - 10 of 10 Posts