BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Chronic
4,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Bernie’s Daytona Party Thank You Time

This is the draft I sent out, but to all the BCSB members who helped, and showed up, an extra thank you. You'll see lots of members in the 'thanks', starting with Adam and J, and Bill, Sat, Andrea, Kim, Troy, and a few others.
It looked a lot nicer when I did it in Word!
Shoot me, I'm just a mechanic:evilgrin

I know it takes me awhile, but it also takes me some time to recover! My somewhat normal life gets put aside for a few months, but it’s time to say thanks to some key folks ;-)
On behalf of myself, and the kids and parents that really need our help, here goes.

This year we did real well, and I have some great people who helped me that I need and want to thank. Altogether my Daytona Party raised over $5,500 for some tough fighters at BCChildren’s Hospital. Add to that my other friends and co-workers, and I’m just over $7,000.
If you are at all curious as to what it’s all about, http://www.baldingfordollars.com/

Most importantly, the crowd of over 200 people that showed up to make the event a success. You are key to making this work, and I thank you. That alone is most critical, and the largest part of the drive. Cheers!
Of course the wonderful staff at The Shark Club make it all good ;-)

Also, to my friends that helped out, starting with Robin and Kirsten who worked the door all day long without complaint, as well as Karen who ran the prize table with a great smile all day, and Brenda and crew from BitchinGear.
And the other Robin for rounding up the restaurant gift certificates, Craig Turner for taping the races (and shaving his noggin for the kids!), Alona for printing the posters that J created, and Sat for the sponsors DVD when I was stuck!

Also to Dat, Mark, Brenda, Evan, Robert, Gio, Troy, Corrie, Bill, Craig, Steve, Brenda and everyone else that pumped it up, and sold the tickets. And to Andrea, Kim, and the nice people from BCCH, for a big hand with the draws.

To those that help spread the word, especially Mike Hunter and PowerSportsNews.com. I couldn’t make it without you. Mike has been supporting me since day 1.
Not to be left behind:

J from Northern Animation Design Adam and crew from BCSB.com
Scott and Robert from VROMBC.com Neil from OneWheelDrive.net
Shannon from BCCOM-BC.com Corrie Miller from The Province
Suzanne from SeedyBikeGirls.com Andrea from the WMRC.ca
Steve Dick Craig Turner

When it comes to prizes, Olympic Goldmedalist Ross Rebagliati from www.showcasesnowboards.com, and Graham Turner from Whistler/Blackcolmb surpassed all my expectations with my ‘Day snowboarding with Ross’, and the Burton Custom Ducati snowboard was the icing on the cake. Incredible generosity.

Once again, Troy and Gio from the WestCoastSuperbikeSchool came across huge, with a race school, and ART school, and then Gio bought 25 tickets to give out to his friends!
They were backed up be other very generous people, my friends and racing associates, and they are;

Dat and Mark from Pacific Riding School
Steve Crevier
Markus from Pazzo Racing Levers
James from Mainland Hardchrome
Henk from Arrow Machine Works
Brenda from Bitchin Gear
Paul Cassells from Cassells Insurance

I consider a lot of them friends as well, but again, without the local motorcycle industry and racing community, this wouldn’t happen. I have to make special mention to Carter Motorsports for their total support. With ticket sales, very generous prize donations from both Carter locations, and employees coming down, they have also been with me since the very beginning.

Can’t forget Fast Eddie from Richmond Motorsports!! He brought down a top-of-the-line Shark helmet from RMS to raffle off in support of the kids. This isn’t the first time Eddie has gone the extra mile. Thanks to Heather and Mike Eyre too!

Another huge supporter since day 1, the guy that passed on the party to me, Thom Tyre of Pacific Yamaha/BMW, who again filled my car with quality goods, way beyond expectations. Also to Johhny B for some greta Yamaha swag.

It works with everyone, but when you sell, sponsor, and show up, it’s even better.
Thanks to 5th Gear Bill, who brought everyone from the shop,
Aaron from Modern Motorcycles who helps out and drops by every year.
And or course my friends at…

Imperial Motorcycles
Burnaby Kawasaki
Maple Ridge Motorsports
Holeshot Racing
Trev Delley Buell Motorcycles
The Flying Swan Cafe
McMartin Performance
CMDRA

Thanks to Robin B, who knew she couldn’t make it, but that didn’t stop her from buying a ticket, and hitting up some friends of hers for some gift certificates from these great places….
The Shark Club of course, for hosting our event!
And some of my favourite haunts….
The Atlantic Trap and Gill on Davie St.
Doulin’s Pub on Granville
The Roxy
Martini’s on Broadway
The Water Street Café in Gastown
The Yaletown Brew Pub

This is a short list of very nice, extremely generous people, and I’m proud to call many of them my friends. Somewhere out there is a family, or families, and a little girls and guys that think you’re pretty cool as well!

Thanks, and I hope to see you there again next year.
And if you missed it, and want to help, LET ME KNOW! We could use more corporate help with this!
Bernie Ryan

And the links if you want them!
www.showcasesnowboards.com
www.westcoastsuperbikeschools.com
www.pacificridingschool.com
www.pazzoracing.com
www.powersportnews.com
www.bcsportbikes.com
www.onewheeldrive.net
www.vrombc.com
www.bitchingear.biz
www.bccom-bc.com
www.cartermotorsports.com
www.pacificyamahabmw.com
www.richmondmotorsport.com
www.5thgear.ca
www.imperialmotorcycles.com
www.burnabykawasaki.com
www.mapleridgemotorsports.com
www.holeshotracing.ca
www.trevdeeley.com

www.flyingswancoffeehouse.com

It’s all good, thanks, bye for now ;-)

Attachments

·
Registered
4,255 Posts
Congrats Bernie you did very good this year for BC childrens hospital!
Good luck next year!

Goooooooo BCSBers that helped out!
:thumbup

·
Chronic
4,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good old Pete said:
Congrats Bernie you did very good this year for BC childrens hospital!
Good luck next year!

Goooooooo BCSBers that helped out!
:thumbup
if you think about it, between BCSB and VROM, that's most of the crowd:rockon

·
No Finer Miner
53 Posts
Always impressed by your selfless acts of charity! Thanks for setting an example for us BCSB'ers.
I'm sorry I missed it! I heard the long blond flowing hair was dead sexy. :p

On a sidenote- you doing another Riders Clinic with PRS next year?

·
Registered
6,127 Posts
Wow I got a mention

No problem I'll be there for ya.

·
Registered
6,127 Posts
Wow I got a mention

No problem I'll be there for ya.

·
The Comedy is in the Back
11,948 Posts
you look hawt bernie!!! ahem cueball

·
Chronic
4,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
finix04 said:
Always impressed by your selfless acts of charity! Thanks for setting an example for us BCSB'ers.
I'm sorry I missed it! I heard the long blond flowing hair was dead sexy. :p

On a sidenote- you doing another Riders Clinic with PRS next year?
thanks

As for another Rider's Clinic (racer roast:devillook ), PRS wants to do one, but it takes a whole lot to get that going. This year Dat and Mark were a little busy, but Dat says next year should be a go.

cheers

·
Ridin' Dirty
852 Posts
Had some GT's at the Daytona Party, guys kept giving Diana and I their beer tickets??? There was a write up in the Power Sport News Paper. Always great to support a good cause :rockon

·
Chronic
4,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Libby said:
Had some GT's at the Daytona Party, guys kept giving Diana and I their beer tickets??? There was a write up in the Power Sport News Paper. Always great to support a good cause :rockon

Tanya, you're awesome. I better get a copy to my mom, so she can stop telling the neighbours I'm im jail again:evilgrin

see ya next year:drinkbeer

1 - 16 of 16 Posts