BC Sport Bikes Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
heay y'all,

so i have come across a couple o' sick deals on bikes from this company in Jakarta, Indonesia; and am wondering if anybody has a clue as to what shipping a litre bike from there would run?? is it an arm and a leg? or is it relatively worth it, meaning less than a couple grand!!?? please let me know cause there are some really amazing deals to be had...:rockon

·
Registered
8,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
amazing what people will do to save a buck.

its amazing how useless the internet is sometimes... thanks guys.. really appreciate it... we dont all have money trees in our backyard, some of us dont even have a back yard!!!

all i've seen is listings here and there for barely used r1's and gsxr k5, k6 for 4k to 5k US... now even w/ duty and taxes that still is just over 7 grand, now yes i know local economy and all that; but c'mon.. why is it that 'car' people are always so much more open to looking outside of our own little litter boxes?

sue me for wanting to learn something beyond that which we all accept as 'normal':surrender

·
Posing with conviction
5,397 Posts
Hi Bacchus,

Hope you're doin well...

You know what they say...if a deal is too good to be true...then it probably is.

Many people here have had their bikes jacked and there is a good chance many of them have ended up within hours in a ship's hold or in a container bound for the far east. So... you are going to get a lot of heat on this thread.

My suggestion, although it may not work in your situation, would be to sell your bike privately and buy a 3 to 4 year old litre bike here but stiff upper lip it and get a relatively low interest rate loan on the balance and work like hell to pay it off quick.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Try doing some research before getting yourself ripped off.
they don't really have liter bikes in indonesia. those Asian countries have mostly stuff in the 125cc range. to get a liter bike there would probably cost more than it does here. Good luck, and try not to get ripped off during the holidays:coffee

·
Blue Power Ranger
498 Posts
heay y'all,

so i have come across a couple o' sick deals on bikes from this company in Jakarta, Indonesia; and am wondering if anybody has a clue as to what shipping a litre bike from there would run?? is it an arm and a leg? or is it relatively worth it, meaning less than a couple grand!!?? please let me know cause there are some really amazing deals to be had...:rockon
You can't honestly be serious? No offense meant, but you are either being awfully ignorant, or you are trolling for some laughs.

"Buying" a motorcycle from Indonesia is comparable to sending money to someone who e-mailed you from Nigeria asking for money.

Don't.

·
The Wizard
2,743 Posts
Hello Ms/Mr. Bacchus,

My name is Mike. I have 2006 Yamaha R1 for sale. It is in very acceptable cundition. THis is very super bike. It rides too fast for me so I sell it. I am in Jakarta because I am in the Navy of the United States. I am selling for $3000. If interested, deposit money in escrow account here www.fakeescrowscam.com

thank you,

Mike

·
Registered
8,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
gee, see now if you really are nice about it; you really can post some good responses...

yeh, i know i have a problem w/ me upper lip there andrew, it does look like a scam, and you're prolly right about the stolen bikes ending up there...

yes i did some research and did find mostly bikes are 125cc range which is why i posted to see what folks thought...

thanks for the response all, flame at will:laughing

·
One Lump Sum
605 Posts
Dude, just do it, these guys don't know what they're talking about. They just don't want you to get a way better deal than them. Do it!

·
Posing with conviction
5,397 Posts
Small Honda streetbikes and Cubs (C100's and such) are quite common. There is also the whole 'greybike' scene as it comes here from asia which are smaller displacement sportbikes only available in some contries in the far east, most notably Japan.

A few threads on greybikes here. Don't think you want to go there but more grist for the mill.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts