BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Yep
1,692 Posts
Why the hell would anyone even speed there much less do 40 over?
shook my head wondering the same thing as I cruised by

:horse

·
Registered
183 Posts
was heading to horseshoe bay lastnight and rode past them too... Not sure why anyone would be 40 over there.. One looked to be a yellow ducati although I didnt get a great look.

·
Registered
82 Posts
yeah I saw that on my way back from Whistler. Definitely a yellow Duc. I was thinking the same thing. On the other hand, the S2S was clear. A little mild, weather wise though.

·
aka Bones
81 Posts
There's a liquor store and a pub in that plaza. There is almost always cops around there on weekend nights. What a stupid spot to wind it out...

·
Wanderer of the Wastes
6,829 Posts

·
Registered
18,876 Posts
You can't have too many over 40/impound excessive tickets... so if you ARE going to get one, which seems almost
inevitable at one point or another... why waste it in a place like that.

It's about choices and time/place. It doesn't mean you are not going to get one at some point, but you can reduce
your risk... which is what it's all about. Make them work to catch you by not doing it right under there noses or
in regular heat score areas.

You can pick spots where 160 in a 50 is completely safe from being nabbed with a very high degree of surety. It's
definately NOT on the upper levels highway, or the S2S on a long weekend, that is for sure.

Slow on the straights, quick bursts on the twisties. Keep alert!! And remember, it's a cat and mouse game. The
cat almost always get the mouse in the end... but the mouse can play the game sometimes for a very long time.

If all else fails, consult with DNAspark, I think he has a prepared script for roadside encounters! Lol. :p

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Nevermind the Upper Levels or S2S, as I read that, some loser on a green ZX6 just went past my shop at waaaaaay into excessive speeds. And that's 2 blocks from the cop shop in Newton. Why the hell would anyone want to go 100+ kmh on 72nd ave? And I see bikes doing it every damn day. Retards.

·
Registered
18,876 Posts
Nevermind the Upper Levels or S2S, as I read that, some loser on a green ZX6 just went past my shop at waaaaaay into excessive speeds. And that's 2 blocks from the cop shop in Newton. Why the hell would anyone want to go 100+ kmh on 72nd ave? And I see bikes doing it every damn day. Retards.
Losers and retards, lmao.

These clowns are the reason we have these new freaking laws in the first place. Thanks guys! Sow what you reap.

All probably under 25.

·
Registered
4,457 Posts

These clowns are the reason we have these new freaking laws in the first place. Thanks guys! Sow what you reap.

All probably under 25.
Guaranteed under 25. I know how I rode when I was under 25. I've got a young guy who works for me, and he's just getting riding. Bought himself an 84 GS750 to learn on. He's still got a learners permit, so when he rides with me, he's safe and sensible. But I KNOW that when he passes MST an rides without me, things will be different. I'm just glad I don't pay him enough to go buy some new RR. Wouldn't end well.

·
backslider
11,220 Posts

All probably under 25.

That and the dumb fucks with their fart-can ricer sport-cars careening around on the city streets, killing pedestrians

·
Experienced bra fitter
208 Posts
That and the dumb fucks with their fart-can ricer sport-cars careening around on the city streets, killing pedestrians
Is it just me or does it seem like ricing kinda went out of fashion. Haven't seen a lot of ricers lately, compared to a couple years back.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That's cause everybody came to their senses and started buying Audi's, Mercedes, BMWs and Porsches (and apparently Lambo's too!!).

·
Hates drama...
1,916 Posts
Is it just me or does it seem like ricing kinda went out of fashion. Haven't seen a lot of ricers lately, compared to a couple years back.
Taimoor: It's just you...

Brendan: Now they're just ricing the Audi's Benz's, BMWs, Porshe's and Lambo's :laughing.... got too many satellite asian kids and rich white kids that are getting spoiled by mom and pops.
I go to Richmond and all I see are a bunch of asian kids with riced out Audi's, and imports.

I come back to Coquitlam and I see a bunch of white kids with riced out Mercury's and domestic junk. I even saw a riced out GMC Safari, Hondy Odyssey, and a Dodge Caravan!! All with bodykits, lowered, and with low pro tires! :laughing!!!

I visit Maple Ridge and all I see are a bunch of redneck raised trucks and SUVs with shitty HIDs.

·
Registered
332 Posts
You can't have too many over 40/impound excessive tickets... so if you ARE going to get one, which seems almost
inevitable at one point or another... why waste it in a place like that.

It's about choices and time/place. It doesn't mean you are not going to get one at some point, but you can reduce
your risk... which is what it's all about. Make them work to catch you by not doing it right under there noses or
in regular heat score areas.

You can pick spots where 160 in a 50 is completely safe from being nabbed with a very high degree of surety. It's
definately NOT on the upper levels highway, or the S2S on a long weekend, that is for sure.

Slow on the straights, quick bursts on the twisties. Keep alert!! And remember, it's a cat and mouse game. The
cat almost always get the mouse in the end... but the mouse can play the game sometimes for a very long time.

If all else fails, consult with DNAspark, I think he has a prepared script for roadside encounters! Lol. :p
I got one ticket about two weeks ago, and I was doing much more than 40 over, close to 90 over on the way to Delta. The cop was a human being and let me go with just one excessive ticket no impound. He wound up chatting me about by bike for almost 20 minutes, he's a biker and he's considering the s1krr. Wanted to get my input. Obviously I didn't discuss about how strong the bike is.

So now I learned my lesson, I have my balls cut off and I'm going slow.

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Spotted a shiny black S1000RR being pushed onto a flatdeck on the side of the S2S today. Nice bike, and a great fancy prize for the Police! I was in my old BMW 6 series on a nice relaxed cruise to Squamish. Spotted a 350Z being hooked up on the way back.

1 - 20 of 118 Posts