What do you think about when riding?

• I think about getting my bike checked up

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember the lessons at PRS that you have to concentrate on your riding, watch for every pothole, oil patch, predict the action of the car beside/ahed of you and relax; all while you look 20 seconds down the road :rockon

The thought that was always in my mind was "I guess I can't look at girls while I'm riding" since the bike goes where you look :laughing

Over time though, I have found myself being at one with my bike. Potholes, oil patches and predictions of vehicles are almost automatic. My senses have become vibrant with information from my surroundings.

There is even enough time to take in the scenery + girls as I zoom by (without the bike plowing up the sidewalk).

What do you think about when riding? (poll coming up)..

·
Still defying gravity...
2,853 Posts
ralphael said:
What do you think about when riding? (poll coming up)..
I think about Slowzuki and his thumb, and I try to understand the bumper sticker on his car:

I found it - now my thumb stinks

·
ninja machinist
3,103 Posts
I'm constantly monitoring my bikes behavior. What it's sounding like and how it's responding to certain inputs. Among other things like concentrating on the road and traffic.

·
Swivel on it
11,659 Posts
Looking for hot girls carrying a helmet looking for a ride ...

·
Worktorideandridetowork.
215 Posts
Looking for hot girls carrying a helmet looking for a ride ...

HAHA! That happened to me last summer.
I was on a ride to nowhere in particular one weekend and saw a girl carrying a helmet hitchhiking along Fraser highway just east of Aldergrove.
I usually never pick up hitchhikers but I figured, What the heck.....it can't be more dangerous than riding a motorcycle, and ended up giving her a ride to The Castle at the Watcom road exit along the number one.
She told me that she wanted to go for a motorcycle ride and grabbed her helmet and just started walking , hoping to get picked up by someone on a motorcycle.

·
Twin A
8,019 Posts
hookers and blow.

·
Registered
8,849 Posts
you would be surprised how much useless junk i come up with, how many conversations, arguments i settle on.. how many priceless musical gems i create and immediately forget trying to stay on the road.. sometimes when im just trying to listen to the biek do 'er thang i realize i've just covered a couple hundred clicks and need more gaz!!

i dont think we can actually come up with a correct answer for this question that will come close to what is really going on, the fact is being in THE ZONE entails a lot more subconscious thinking than actual cognitive thinking...

i have to agree... ZEN

1 - 20 of 53 Posts