BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been having intermittent problems with my personal posts disappearing from my view and/or accessibility when I open a forum. Most recently, I started a thread in Ride Reports, titled " A week in Idaho, Wyoming, and Montana". I started the thread with a generic post, then came back the next day to add content... and I couldn't access the thread at all. It showed in the Last Post column on the forum page, but when I entered the forum itself, it was not on the thread list. This occurred on more than one computer, at work and at home. Nor would it turn up on a forum search. Yesterday ( Sept 2/16), same computer, same situation, I was able to access the thread and I added a bunch of content. This afternoon ( Sept 2/16), I planned to add yet more, but the thread is back to inaccessible. If I click directly on it in the Latest Post column, I get the Vbulletin message "No Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator".
Sounds like others are having similar troubles with disappearing and/or inaccessible content. I have PM'ed Phillip. We'll see what the outcome is...
Any tech gurus out there have any ideas?

p.s. I've also noticed that the post in Going for a Ride that I put up prior to this trip is also MIA...

...and I've tried all the usual stuff, like signing out and back in; restarting; using different browsers to access the website; etc.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Not just you. I think everyone is having problems here. I lurk around here a lot and thought it was because i didnt log-in but clearly thats not it.

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^^^ heheh. purring is kind of this intermittent thing, isn' t it?

btw I'm also a member on the hondaCB1000R.com forum, owned and administered by the same company, which suffered the same security breach and went thru the same password re-set, etc, and it's ticking along smoothly - no drop-outs, no issues. if I understand correctly, posts on this (or other) forums are stored in a database on the host company's computer, correct? ( or, these days, perhaps out into 'the cloud' somewhere). and that'll be backed up periodically (daily?). so I find it really curious that one site is having problems and the other, not. maybe I'll cruise over to SVrider.com to see whether they're also suffering, or not - that forum is in the same corporate group, and I used to be active there in a previous life...

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just swung by svrider.com, and while there was a bit of similar 'cussing' when the whole security breach / password re-set thing occurred back in June, there seems to have been no issue with dropped content, at least so far as lack of posting about such problems indicates.

·
Administrator
316 Posts
Hey guys,

I apologize for the lack of response over the weekend.
We do not have many people on staff over the weekends.
We are not neglecting the site and it's issues, we try to get to them as they come.
Regarding this issue, I am able to see [mention]doser[/mention] mentioned posts today.

For those of you who are experiencing this same issue, can you provide me with the browser and device you are using when you come across these disappearing posts.
And the method you are using when you post on the site. If you find that this has happened in specific forums, please let me know which ones seem to be the culprits.
Also your geolocation and the time when your posts were submitted, and what time you noticed it was inaccessible.

I have noticed in User Profiles, the layout is out of whack; the "Activiy" Visitor Message" "About Me" etc. tabs on the right of the members profile it stretched out with the characters in the middle of the tabs.
Also the visitor messages seem to overlap the Profile picture in the feed.
As well as I just noticed I am unable to attach images in the "Go Advanced" option using the Paperclip icon.

Are there any more issues that you guys are coming across? please compile as many issues, with as many details as you can, and I will point the tech team towards them.

I will be sending a ticket out for the User Profile layout and the Attachment issue, right now.

Attachment Issue Ticket #: 2201376
User Profile Layout Issue Ticket#: 2201381

Richard.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts