BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Fast Pack Slow Guy
4,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A client of mine was talking about air-inflatable seat cushions for touring with. Anyone have any experience or leads on these things. My butt sure gets sore after a long ride. Powerful sore.

·
Been there, Wrecked that!
2,213 Posts
http://www.shapefitting.com/

The parent company is Roho I had one when I was in the wheelchair a few years back. I still use my cushion at work and after 3 yrs it's still in great condition. :thumbup

·
Fast Pack Slow Guy
4,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Word! Thanks CrashTested!

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Tried one.
Didn't work for me.
I found a properly designed and fitted seat is best, anything else is merely chasing down dollars to affect that end result.

·
Ride the winds of change
1,994 Posts
The Airhawk is one of the best one's on the market. I had a gelled pad which I eventually just had moulded into the seat. The problem with the pads is: they can sometimes place you too high on the bike, the pads have a strange shifting feeling as you blast into a corner. The advantages of the pad is you can remove it and have two totally different seats on your ride.

·
fat old bastard
826 Posts
I also have an airhawk,i used it whenever i was ironbutting with pretty good results.
When i finally managed to talk Gunther out of retirement and into making me my new seat i haven't used it since.
Your more than welcome to borrow it if you want to try it out on your bike.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts