BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,...

I know there used to be a ton of different posts on this forum about doing a conversion from a standard 16" cbr900 rim to a 17" cbr 600 f2-f3 rim.
unless I'm just right blind..... I cant seem to find it..

Anyways...all I was looking for was the dimensions of the spacers that have to be fabricated and anything else that I need to know..

As far as I can figure... CBR 600's 91-94 dont bolt up to cbr 900 front rotors..at all....
but cbr 600s 95-98 bolt up to 95-97 cbr900 rotors
and 600s 99-00 bolt up to cbr900 93-94 front rotors......
but the rims are different from the 99-00 cbr600s

I'm trying to find a chrome 95-97 front rim...so if anyone has one...or knows where to get one...drop me a line...:rockon

Thanx guys..
DJBXP

F

·
0 Posts
what about a rc51 front wheel ? pre-02

its 17 same shape as old cbr 900 wheels.Then yu can run bigger rotors with a possibly a small caliper bracket to back the rotors off a bit

·
Member #827
1,505 Posts
Hakeem beat me to it. 00-01 RC51's have the EXACT same wheels as the old 900RR's. You'll probably need some spacers but it should be pretty close to a direct drop in.

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
I've been around here for "a while" and don't remember seeing a big number of threads about this conversion. I think you're remembering something from another site.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmmm......I was pretty sure I saw a post on here with measurements for the spacers......

I ordered a rim off a 96 cbr 600...... and hes going to send the spacers with.. from that bike....maybe they'll just bolt right up....i don't know...

I'll leave a post once the stuff shows up..
Later guys...

R

·
0 Posts
What about for a '98 CBR900??
My front tire is tired, so nows a good time for the swap...

·
Registered
246 Posts
for the 98-99 CBR900's only the f4 wheel will work because that is the only wheel that has the same bolt pattern for the rotors. I have a F4 wheel for sale if you're interested. I bought it to do the conversion but sold my bike, so I'm selling it now. I have all info. you need to do the conversion too.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Hey DJBXP,

The 96 CBR wheel will not work because the bolt pattern for the rotors will be different. You will not be able to use your stock rotors and if you use the 96CBR600 rotors, they will be too small. The 96 CBR wheel will work on 97 and older 900s. Let me know if you need any more info. on this conversion. I spent alot of time researching this.. but then I sold my bike lol.. :laughing

btw.. your PM is full so I couldn't send this via PM.

Victor

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
DJBXP said:
....l leave a post once the stuff shows up.....
If you do find the info it may well be worth a new thread. That way it's easier for other users to search for it in the future. Make sure the title and a few keywords in the first couple of lines of the text really outline and define what this is all about.

This sort of modification is a big part of what the Tech section is here for. When you get it sorted write it up and post it.

S

·
0 Posts
this topic has been covered in great detail on any 900 forum out there. google should pull it up just fine

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've got an APE wave rotor coming in from Europe ... and that rotor has 2 different bolt holes to accomodate different gens of cbr 900's or 600s ( as the 600s used alot of the same rotors..)

Once that and the new rim comes in .... I'll test her out and fire up a doc for you boys..
Anybody that wants me to email them personaly once I get the stuff and how it fits...email my xxxracing addy below...
thanx

DJBXP

1 - 11 of 11 Posts