BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Woohoo! I just bought some OEM lower fairings for my SV. They arrive next week. I can't wait to install them. I heard they're kind of a pain to install...has any one had any experience with this install? Any tips/tricks?

·
Registered
437 Posts
Yes very easy. just pay attention to where each bolt either comes from or which is to be replaced by a new bolt. Be careful not to cross thread them when installing. I had a couple that were finicky. remove and try again. The fairing hardware comes in a tight vacuum packed package open what you need because some look similar but are not interchangeable. don't let this scare you. it is really quite easy. just pay attention and do one side at a time.
what took the longest time was the middle mount and the lower rear brackets. I had to line them up & tighten just snug enough to be able to move and line up to correct placement. I did not like the OEM silver covers that it comes with for the middle bracket so I bought the OEM frame sliders as well. about $100. I am really happy with my fairings. changes the whole look of the bike. and OEM factory painted is the way to go because the paint is a total beotch to match even with color works from back East. anything else feel free to pm me. hope this helps.

·
Aging Kid-at-Heart
515 Posts
Looking good L... Now to see it in person... hopefully I'll be able to go for a ride tomorrow... I'll let you know!

·
Registered
371 Posts
As for faired bikes go, this setup definitely looks great, better than many of the typical ones out there. But personally, I absolutely love the 'au naturel' 1/2 faired look :rockon

1 - 10 of 10 Posts