BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was proposed recently by Industrial Alliance in exchange for the carrot of cheaper auto insurance. Don't worry, motorcycles will be "covered" too. "Orwell could have even been a jingle writer for some of the programs. One company’s slogan — “Take Control With Ajusto” — is as perfect an example of Newspeak “Freedom is Slavery/Ignorance is Strength” doublethink as I have seen in modern advertising." http://driving.ca/auto-news/news/motor-mouth-surrendering-our-motoring-freedom-50-at-a-time/

·
Registered
328 Posts
By buying a smartphone, you agree to be followed everywhere you go. At least with this insurance you actually get something out of it. Personally I wouldn't do it, but I can foresee a shitload of people going for it if it means saving 50$ they can use to spend on twinkies and McDs.

·
Wanderer of the Wastes
6,812 Posts
It seems pretty evident what direction we're headed. The progression and proliferation of technology is unstoppable; But there's a fork in the road coming, and it's up to us whether we turn towards enslavement or liberation.
Unfortunately I fear ignorance and indifference will have us miss the turn - if we havn't passed it already.

·
Registered
18,868 Posts
Sounds like a pretty reasonable trade off to me if it's something you can opt in for.

·
Registered
8,766 Posts
Sounds like a pretty reasonable trade off to me if it's something you can opt in for.
lets agree to disagree shall we... if they wanted to lower insurance premiums they would, there's plenty of data out there
i'm sure to give'm a better idea of how yer average driver gets around, and how safely considering all the cameras around town now.

fact is, well okay, maybe its only the way i'm looking at it, but this sounds like another attempt at finding a way to infringe on our civil rights while
making it seem they're doing you a favor.... i really dont think we need big brother watching our every move just to make us think we're saving a buck :ghost

ohh and its a really dumb way to spend tax payer's hard earned $, cause you know the general population ends up paying for the show, weather they know it, like it, or not..

·
I like traffic cones :S
15,773 Posts
Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Isn't Freedom just another word for, "Nothing left to lose"?

·
Registered
904 Posts
unfortunately the average driver will love this because on their planet they are the best drivers around and only "other" people cause accidents.

there is another solution which is make people responsible for their accident causing bad habits by enforcing current vehicle laws...... LOL I know I am a Tard :rockon

·
corner worker
1,024 Posts
The bad...

"And you bikers out there shouldn’t feel ignored; experiments in Saskatchewan are already underway with three-dimensional accelerometers that measure lean angle. Carve the perfect corner on your motorcycle and you, too, could be penalized by some nameless, faceless bureaucrat from stifle-my-fun-insurance.com."

The Good.....

Nonetheless, “Increase Ontario 400-series Highway Speed Limit to 120-130 km/h” remains in third spot with voting currently running about three-to-one in favour.

The good is the only chance we have, if it happens East, it moves West.
Something like Crap only flows down hill.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts