BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those who ride bikes 400cc or below:

Approximately much do you pay for a year of insurance for the 400?

How much would you pay if you had a 600cc bike?

Thanks for the input.

·
X-nasty
2,287 Posts
Yearly for 400cc is about $475, yearly for the 600cc is about $863.

But these were before the increase. Phone an Agent, or better yet, go there in person and get them to print out the quotes and you will have them forever.

R

·
0 Posts
Bora20 said:
Yearly for 400cc is about $475, yearly for the 600cc is about $863.
that's about right for basic insurance. if you want collision, comp or more liability (you should always get at least 1 mill), it'll be more...call an autoplan broker for a quote.

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
My dual sport DR350 is $28 a month for $1M liability. No other coverage though. That's also with the max reduction.

Cheap fun for sure.

·
Registered
19 Posts
yazlee said:
For those who ride bikes 400cc or below:

Approximately much do you pay for a year of insurance for the 400?

How much would you pay if you had a 600cc bike?

Thanks for the input.

I pay $60/month for my 400cc. IIRC, I have no comprehensive. I'm not sure if that's the right thing. In any case, I dont have the insurance that covers damage to my bike when I'm at fault. (Or if I do it's at the very minimum)

And I believe my liability is 1mil or just under.

·
Registered
978 Posts
i pay over 1200/year for my 250 with a 10% discount on basic...if i was to get a 600 it would be like over 4000/year for basic

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
of course, someone could call an actual agent.
they could tell you what the rates are, and individuals could calculate their discounts.
Then, you add the license fee, if you buy a short term policy and its surcharge, or if you decide to autoplan12 it, and those charges.......
agents.
agents get paid to have this stuff at their fingertips.

·
banned user
6,255 Posts
michael said:
of course, someone could call an actual agent.
they could tell you what the rates are, and individuals could calculate their discounts.
Then, you add the license fee, if you buy a short term policy and its surcharge, or if you decide to autoplan12 it, and those charges.......
agents.
agents get paid to have this stuff at their fingertips.
that short term surcharge is a crime in my opinion. Did you know that any other policy other then the maximum (1 year) is hit with a short term surcharge. Try asking them for thier long term discount :laughing

so much for a healthy balance.

lets say you have 12 possibilities for plans. One month -> 12 months. That means 11/12 possible plans have a short term surcharge.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
the agent gets paid every time you do a transaction with them.
that alone, takes away some of the raw dollars needed for the running of the company.
Thus, a surcharge on short term policies.
agents need love, and need to get paid, too!

·
banned user
6,255 Posts
michael said:
the agent gets paid every time you do a transaction with them.
that alone, takes away some of the raw dollars needed for the running of the company.
Thus, a surcharge on short term policies.
agents need love, and need to get paid, too!
does the surcharge to to the agency or ICBC. I am confused now :surrender

·
X-nasty
2,287 Posts
Ratzilla said:
that's about right for basic insurance. if you want collision, comp or more liability (you should always get at least 1 mill), it'll be more...call an autoplan broker for a quote.
yah that is all I quoted. Too many variables to get into it further. Better off to go in and get a quote yourself.

S

·
0 Posts
i don't fuckin care what it costs a month for my 2 bikes cuz it'll be cheaper than buying a day pass to disneyland when i'm needin my kicks.

·
V Lister
4,277 Posts
ssblade said:
i don't fuckin care what it costs a month for my 2 bikes cuz it'll be cheaper than buying a day pass to disneyland when i'm needin my kicks.
that is fokkin funny, and i totally agree. two liter bikes fully insured here, i had to take the drz off the street just to offset the price of fuel.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts