BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, last week someone backed into my bike. It didn't fall completley over but the driver took off so it's a hit and run. Fortunately someone in my building saw it and got her plate number.

So I took it into ICBC and basically they're only going to give me $600 for the damage even though 4 out of 5 fairings need to be replaced. They told me that basically because there was previous damage on the bike (road rash from a minor crash) that they're not required to pay to fix the bike. They said that I'll have to pay 50% of whatever the cost to fix it would be. And then they kept saying how they had to be fair to the other driver.

So my question is......am I getting totally screwed by ICBC here?

Kell

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I remember having the same thing happen to me with my Car.

It was a snow storm and I valet's my 89 civic. Oh yah baby, hi roller. I was even going to tip the valet parket at the end of the night.

Well when I came out from dinner, the valet dude told me that a bus had hit my car because it slid in the snow. I still tipped the valet guy. ICBC paid for the whole left side of the car to be repaired except for the rear bumper, because there was a previous scratch that was just a touch bigger than the new one made by the bus.

I took the money to pay for tuition.:thumbup

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I totally understand them not wanting to pay for the previous damage. But none of the fairings were cracked before and now they've all got cracks in them. I don't think that I should have to pay just because there was some road rash on it from before. It's going to cost around 1400 just for the parts alone. On top of that I'm going to have to pay for labour and everything. So $600 hardly seems worth it. Especially since I'm trying to sell the bike:(

H

·
0 Posts
go see a lawyer, most have free consultations and they will tell u if anything can be done. Mind u they rob u blind with a 30% they take but if they can get icbc to cough it up then 30 is better than 50 :p ...just a thought.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts