BC Sport Bikes Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Ironman Canada is coming to Whistler this August and they need approx 25 motorcycle riders to provide support ala Tour de France. That could mean ferrying camermen, media, officials, tracking riders, providing mechanical support etc throughout the day for the 5000 or so competitors.
This is a huge event taking place in Whistler thru to Pemberton. Go here http://www.doitsports.com/volunteer2/jobs-by-date.tcl?event_id=214744 to sign up to vollie and I will get your details. I am the captain responsible for coordinating the mc volunteer corp.
Ironman website details here http://www.ironman.com/triathlon/events/ironman/canada.aspx#axzz2NUtwzQfr

It should be a total blast. We are looking for experienced riders, who are comfortable riding two up. Ideally, bikes that are comfy for two is a good idea as well. This is a cool opportunity to see a world class sporting event up close and right in the middle of it!!!:flashy

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Back in the day, Penticton 1986, my last Iron Man, I don't recall any MCs. Nor the first one in 'Whistler in '89. I'll make sure I ride to Winthrop that day. It'll be a crowded ride to Pemby. Good Luck. Tri's were great fun, way back in the day.

·
Ridin Dirty
5,011 Posts
signed up earlier, got an e-mail response, very excited at the opportunity.

Should be a lot of fun, not to mention the positive Karma... :rider

·
Poser Emeritus
2,736 Posts
Pretty good on bike video of actual IronMan event

·
BBQ Squadron Member
2,739 Posts
Will they be covering your fuel costs?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I wonder if the cameramen riding on the back of the bikes are working for free?

I've got a little event where I'm looking for a volunteer pilot with their own plane and gas to fly me and my bike up to Kamloops on Saturday so I don't have to ride all the way up there in this heat. This is a work trip for me so timing in critical - I can't be waiting around wasting time and $'s. I'll let you know when I'm ready to go; please be ready with some help to lift my bike into your truck to take it to the airport. I'm not sure when I'll be coming back so you need to stay near the airport when we get to Kamloops. Oh, and one more thing: I don't like bumpy rides so please plan the flight accordingly. :spinsmile

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.