BC Sport Bikes Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[h=2]Ironman Whistler needs Bike support vollies[/h]
The Ironman Canada is coming to Whistler this August and they need approx 25 motorcycle riders to provide support ala Tour de France. That could mean ferrying camermen, media, officials, tracking riders, providing mechanical support etc throughout the day for the 5000 or so competitors.
This is a huge event taking place in Whistler thru to Pemberton. Go here http://www.doitsports.com/volunteer2...vent_id=214744 to sign up to vollie and I will get your details. I am the captain responsible for coordinating the mc volunteer corp.
Ironman website details here http://www.ironman.com/triathlon/eve...#axzz2NUtwzQfr

It should be a total blast. We are looking for experienced riders, who are comfortable riding two up. Ideally, bikes that are comfy for two is a good idea as well. This is a cool opportunity to see a world class sporting event up close and right in the middle of it!!!​

·
Registered
904 Posts
Thinking about it but not sure how comfortble a camera man would be on the back of my ZX12R :laughing

·
Registered
18,888 Posts
One minute you are a volunteer... the next minute you have crashed, and you are being sued by some cameraman you don't even know... who has no idea how to ride pillion.

Good times.

It's one thing to stand around handing out cups at a water station... but I'm thinking a bit of a legal nightmare when you are transporting a passenger and have an "accident".

·
Three hour tour guide
8,750 Posts
I would imagine that volunteers are covered by some kind of blanket insurance for just that scenario.

·
From N00bie to Wannabe
4,839 Posts
I would imagine that volunteers are covered by some kind of blanket insurance for just that scenario.
Ah Geez!!! Why the Hell would you mention "blanket" replying to a bandito post :confused
It's the same as talking with Germans: Don't mention the war!!! :laughing

·
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
352 Posts
I've done this in the past here in Victoria. It is a lot of fun. You get to ride your bike on great roads with no traffic, ignoring the traffic laws, etc. and having a good time. Too bad I don't have a bike or I would sign up.

·
Three hour tour guide
8,750 Posts
I've done this in the past here in Victoria. It is a lot of fun. You get to ride your bike on great roads with no traffic, ignoring the traffic laws, etc. and having a good time. Too bad I don't have a bike or I would sign up.
Yeah it sounds kinda fun.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Especially if you wear a thong.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Ok, I signed up. What the hell, sounds like it might be fun.

·
Registered
18,888 Posts
Chia shows up after the info that there are men in thongs.

Are you wearing one on your bike? And have you requested a male pillion who is wearing one?

Don't forget to shave your Chiapet so you don't have any escapees.

·
backslider
11,335 Posts
... can BCSB's possibly descend any lower?

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
I think so.

·
Registered Abuser
1,370 Posts
Just so I'm clear, motorcycle on closed hwy 99 between Whistler and Pemberton?

Awesome, sign me up for a day of repeatedly strafing the course! As far as I see it, The more times I ride up and down the road, the more likely I'll be to come across someone needing my help.

That's how it works, right?

No, then screw that, sign me up for sunscreen duty or women's change tent.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts