BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just want to get started in this. Get some wheelies down and maybe learn a few things. Does anyone know of any groups that meet up in Vancouver area? Or any DVDs even to get the basics.

Thanks

·
Dam I got old fast
1,027 Posts
Anyone pulling it up on public roads has been impounded multiple times, it gets expensive couple grand a pop.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
I'd be happy if I can get "myself" up let alone the front wheel of my Bird.

·
Formerly kanelupis
5,252 Posts
... there are drugs for that

Oh I mean for stunting. Liquid courage. It helps provide more than enough twist of the right hand and dumping of the left hand. Front wheel loft for sure!

·
BCSB Public Relations
10,277 Posts
Just want to get started in this. Get some wheelies down and maybe learn a few things. Does anyone know of any groups that meet up in Vancouver area? Or any DVDs even to get the basics.

Thanks
'06 R6?

Find a big straight (obviously with no one/nothing around), drop down to 1st gear, go full throttle until 8k RPM, then do a "dip" with your throttle wrist (full-off the gas, then 100% full back on), and hold on for dear life. Congratulations, you just did your first power wheelie and are a god among men. Do not go above 8k RPM the first few times. From what I remember, the real torque kicks in around 10k, but that just may be too much for a first-time and you probably don't want to 12-o-clock it. Remember, you didn't read this here, I don't condone crazy hooligan antics, I've no idea what an R6 is, and I get any parts that fall off if you bin it.

·
(604)323-0293
683 Posts
You'll know when you pull the perfect wheelie when you hear the Zut- uhhhh.....

·
Registered
8,785 Posts
It's not as big as it was but guys are still riding but few are on BCSB anymore. Kerunt advice was horrible at best . Learn the clutch from the get go.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hey man if you ever get down to the okanagan there's a small stunt scene. Couple guys at best, but trying to get it going again! We've got 2 lots to ride as well.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Starting when this white stuff is gone, there will be a lot open to stunt in 4-6 days a week in Vernon BC. Fully legit, lighting as well for night stunting, no worry of the police as we close off the lot. Also a 2nd lot, that we are using without permission:devillook, so far no complaints/issues, also a closed lot. If anyone ever gets down this way shoot me a message! Im new to the stunt scene as well, but want to make it grow!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Looks like spring is here (knock on wood) there will be some riders in the Okanagan (Vernon) out this weekend hitting the lots if weather stays good.

·
Registered
8,785 Posts
Stunt school !! Bringing it back this year . Going to have the wheelies on lock down . Have a wheelie simulator , 2 quads , couple motards and stunt bikes . Will have dates / price up soon .

Also car stunt driving is available in another program .

1 - 20 of 31 Posts