BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard that cops can now yank your license on the spot if you're caught doing 30kph or more over the limit. This sounds like utter BS and untrue to me, but I thought I'd ask to see if anyone has evidence of its validity?

We already have the slowest drivers in Canada........what next?

·
I'm back
1,947 Posts
I don't think thats true, probably an over exageration of someone who is displeased with the crackdown on. There we're two teenagers that had their licence yanked for going 85 in a 50 but they we're racing, so unless your racing your probably just gona get a ticket.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I thought. Isn't excessive speed 40 kph or over? And that was a larger fine and 6 points instead of 3 for speeding.

·
Devil's Advocate
1,765 Posts
Anybody have a link to the law/bylaw? I've heard too many conflicting stories and wanna read the thing for myself.

D

·
0 Posts
i don't think its just for 30km over. i got nailed two weeks ago doing 26 over (76 in a 50) and they ran my license to see if i was a suspected racer. he told me flat out he was calling in to check. i bet the next time i get a ticket i lose my license because its on the computer now.

i've heard stories saying that if you are speeding in pairs they will consider it racing and nail ya. i always thought racing involved someone passing someone else, and someone winning.

G

·
0 Posts
Damn am I glad I live in the interior now. The cops down there on the coast sound frikkin assholes with way too much power. Don't get me wrong they are generally assholes up here too and I haven't been nicked since this new power has been given to the boyz. Maybe they would just as bad up here but I haven't heard any stories like that (side by side automatic street racers) except on the coast. What ever did happen until innoccent until proven guilty. I don't remember this province being a communist state....

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
Dirtybill said:
That's what I thought. Isn't excessive speed 40 kph or over? And that was a larger fine and 6 points instead of 3 for speeding.
And IIRC 60 or over is excessive and THEN they yank it on the spot.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
It's not a communist state. It's a fascist, rascist state, run by a bunch of arrogant back room buddies who think they can do whatever they want.

I sincerely hope that all the folks who voted these jerks in, now realize they're liars. Some of us realized it long ago.

Unfortunately, driving is considered a privilege, not a right, so the Charter of Rights doesn't cover this.

We're FOOKED:mad

Thank you to all the parents who let their 16 year old kids get high powered cars.:gun

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
..............and bikes for that matter.

I'll be riding in Washington and Oregon all year. "Hold my calls!":cool

·
I'm back
1,947 Posts
Dirtybill said:
It's not a communist state. It's a fascist, rascist state, run by a bunch of arrogant back room buddies who think they can do whatever they want.

I sincerely hope that all the folks who voted these jerks in, now realize they're liars. Some of us realized it long ago.

Unfortunately, driving is considered a privilege, not a right, so the Charter of Rights doesn't cover this.

We're FOOKED:mad

Thank you to all the parents who let their 16 year old kids get high powered cars.:gun
Hah thats an interesting take on it and although I don't agree with everything the government has done I do like a lot of stuff they've done. If I could do it all over again I would vote the sameway and I'd be willing to bet that if an election was called today the liberals would get in again, I'd put money on it. Alot of the negative stuff in the media is union propaganda that tries to make it look like everyone is in an uproar over the liberals when in fact I think a lot of people are happy to see some of the changes they brought in.

You ever listen to Raif Maire or Bill Good on 980? I was listening to them about a month ago and they had a call in poll and asked people who they would vote for if there was an election today. About 230 people called in and of that 180 said liberals and about 30 said NDP and the rest we're split amoing Green and other. Although that isn't exactly a scientific study I do believe it shows a lot better then the media does what people really think of this government. It's not how many but how loud and we all no Unions cry loudest.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
apparently the new rules let them yank your license if "they" think you are racing regardless of speed. That kid on the news the other day in the pickup truck was doing like 20 over the limit with his buddy next to him and they said he was racing and pulled their licenses on the spot.

Just remember next time you are at a light with your buddy, pull off slowly or you will be nailed for street racing.

D

·
0 Posts
Jay P said:
Doug, did you ask what qualifies someone as a suspected street racer?
leathers and a flashy helmet made me a suspect. they are calling in everything. well, i guess they wouldn't be calling in a soccer mom in a mini van. although, they did pull one of those over doing 95 in a 50.....

·
Nutrition guy
1,315 Posts
Man, I'm glad I didn't get my license yanked when I was tagged doing 109 in a 50 last year! I was trying to get around a guy who was also speeding and belching black sh%t out of his exhaust. I didn't even see the cop and thought I was trying to run but I stopped as soon as I heard him (not gonna run in town). He was really pissed and told me I was under arrest :eek and told me to shut my mouth because I was going to jail. Anyways he checked my driving record and saw my record was clean so he gave me a fat ticket instead. Turns out the cop was a real cool guy because I disputed the amount and he asked the judge to reduce my ticket and eliminate the excess speeding points. I bet if this would have happened now I would be writing this in jail.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Quasi said:

Hah thats an interesting take on it and although I don't agree with everything the government has done I do like a lot of stuff they've done. If I could do it all over again I would vote the sameway and I'd be willing to bet that if an election was called today the liberals would get in again, I'd put money on it. Alot of the negative stuff in the media is union propaganda that tries to make it look like everyone is in an uproar over the liberals when in fact I think a lot of people are happy to see some of the changes they brought in.

You ever listen to Raif Maire or Bill Good on 980? I was listening to them about a month ago and they had a call in poll and asked people who they would vote for if there was an election today. About 230 people called in and of that 180 said liberals and about 30 said NDP and the rest we're split amoing Green and other. Although that isn't exactly a scientific study I do believe it shows a lot better then the media does what people really think of this government. It's not how many but how loud and we all no Unions cry loudest.
Well, I see they've sucked you and the majority of voters in. 980 is and always has been a right wing station. Rafe Mair? Former cabinet minister with the Social Credit gov't. So you feel it's ok for this gov't to hold a referendum on native land claims? After negotiations and settlements have already been decided. You feel it's ok for a gov't to say they will break contracts that have been signed? You feel it's ok to have an attorney general who's received a letter from the highest ranking provincial judge that says (and was signed by other judges) they have NO confidence in him and beleive his budget cuts to legal aid and the judical system are against the law? You believe it's ok to have your license and vehicle confiscated because a cop says he believes you are a street racer, and you have no recourse?

It's not the cop on the street that's decided to take this policy. It's the politicians who've forced them to use it.

No one wants a Union where they work, but there are places that need them because the workers get royally screwed if they don't have representation. You ever been to a Union meeting? It's the purest form of democracy there is.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts