BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

41 - 60 of 150 Posts

·
Insert User Title Here.
4,868 Posts

·
BCSB Public Relations
10,239 Posts
Having driven the Coq many times, I have seen a number of bikes on there in March and April. People think it is just fine to go up a mountain pass and don't think for one minute that there could still be snow up there.
I've been at the Manning Park resort in early Feb on my R6 :devillook. PP CT2s are great in the snow! :laughing

·
I like traffic cones :S
15,773 Posts
so how did you see that megasoreass comment?

besides, cant have a bit of fun? never stops him from jumping down peoples throats at the littlelest things possible.

i hear there is snow coming for vancouver. hope that RR has 4 low. better not get stranded in 2 inches of snow :lolup

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
I say we find a good hill with lots of snow on it and bring our SUV's to see whose Metroposer does the best. I'll bring a book to keep me occupied at the top in my Forester while I wait for the rest of you to make it up. I would bet the farm on that. :D

Fine Print: Land Rovers need not apply. :laughing

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
so how did you see that megasoreass comment?

besides, cant have a bit of fun? never stops him from jumping down peoples throats at the littlelest things possible.

i hear there is snow coming for vancouver. hope that RR has 4 low. better not get stranded in 2 inches of snow :lolup
4 low.....how quaint. :laughing

·
I like traffic cones :S
15,773 Posts
I say we find a good hill with lots of snow on it and bring our SUV's to see whose Metroposer does the best. I'll bring a book to keep me occupied at the top in my Forester while I wait for the rest of you to make it up. I would bet the farm on that. :D
yep. WK grand cherokee is more car than truck. a car that will tow 6500lbs if i need to :devillook

now if i still had my old Cherokee HO with a proper set of winters on it, it might have been a good race ;)

i bet those low profile tires on metroposer are greeaaaat in the snow :evilgrin

·
Fastronaut
6,508 Posts
In, chains are in the trunk.

·
To torque or not?
875 Posts
I'm going to talk to my MLA about this. It is true, people are getting tickets for not having "winter" tires or chains for their bikes here in the interior. Oct 20th, this year it was 18C here in 100 Mile. Beautiful day, warm and sunny, clean and dry roads. I went for a ride, about 250 kms. I could have been written a ticket for this reckless behaviour. WTF!

·
Registered
790 Posts
Psh, ridiculous. I saw an abbotsford motorcycle cop pop a wheelie on city streets just a week ago.... if it's still wheelie season, i won't be mounting snow tires on my gsxr for at least another month or two! *cough*

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
It's actually 7 months of the year, Oct 1 - April 30th.
Or 58.333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333%

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
There are sections of H/Ways in BC that require winter tires in good condition (fair condition will not suffice) as well as chains, one section of H/W 20 requires the use of chains (failure to use chains in this section will void your insurance) to descend or climb the hill.

While this is true, you will never see anyone ticketed for not chaining up unless they crash. In good conditions only big rigs chain up, in bad conditions only fools do not.

·
BCSB Public Relations
10,239 Posts
There are sections of H/Ways in BC that require winter tires in good condition (fair condition will not suffice) as well as chains, one section of H/W 20 requires the use of chains (failure to use chains in this section will void your insurance) to descend or climb the hill.

While this is true, you will never see anyone ticketed for not chaining up unless they crash. In good conditions only big rigs chain up, in bad conditions only fools do not.
I've never seen a requirement for both winter tires and chains. The signs I've seen always said one or the other. Of course, it's possible I missed something or things changed...

And yup, that's absolutely correct about insurance being void in case of an accident and you not having proper tires.

41 - 60 of 150 Posts