BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

141 - 150 of 150 Posts

·
Registered
6,143 Posts
Any news on the snow tires for bikes? I live in Kamloops and the map shows a little green on the highways about 10kms around town so have to wait until the end of the month so I don't get a ticket...
There is indeed a snow tire requirement for most all of BC, except, southwest BC, west of Hope, south of Lions Bay, and south of Campbell River. My buddy in Kamloops has been playing letter tag with the highways ministry to slightly chance this requirement, to the Kamloops basin, and a couple other dry areas. No change yet.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
I think if a cop started giving me the gears I'd just tell him to look around. If it's a nice day with no chance of inclement weather, what's the issue? I'd be sure to remind him that I'd be the last person wanting to risk a crash due to weather but if it's nice out let's use some common sense.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
I think that has more to do with Adele retiring than anything else. She's on the Mexican Riviera probably having a few suds and once and a while probably thinks "oh remember those crazy assholes on bcsb"...

Hola my friends and enemies, I will put in for a name change but yes I am living the life. Bandito you nailed it lmao... The cervasa's and the rest.

·
+ 39.9 km/h
1,499 Posts
Went up Mt. Seymour Sunday and the sign in bold black and white says winter tires until April 30th. So that's clearly a law. There were three other bikes on the road too. The road was dry but cold. Nobody enforcing the law.

141 - 150 of 150 Posts