BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

Isle of Man TT 2012 " A Dangerous Addiction" Documentary

3K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  mongoose 
#1 ·
I found this documentary whilst prowling youtube... don't think its a repost. Enjoy...

#4 ·
Yup......see it more and more these days:

Al Jazeera America
Main article: Al Jazeera America

On 2 January 2013, Al Jazeera Media Network announced that it purchased Current TV in the United States and would be launching an American news channel. 60% of the channel's programming would be produced in America while 40% would be from Al Jazeera English.

In a news release, Al Jazeera Director General Ahmed bin Jassim Al Thani said, "By acquiring Current TV, Al Jazeera will significantly expand our existing distribution footprint in the U.S., as well as increase our newsgathering and reporting efforts in America ... We look forward to working together with our new cable and satellite partners to serve our new audiences across the U.S." The new channel is said to be providing domestic and international news for an American audience. Al Jazeera plans to open new bureaus across the United States and increase the network's staff in the United States to over 300 employees.

Though Current TV currently has large distribution throughout the United States on cable and satellite TV, it averages only 28,000 viewer at any time.[28] The acquisition of Current TV by Al Jazeera allowed Time Warner Cable to drop the network due to its low ratings, but released a statement saying that they would consider carrying the channel after they evaluated whether it made sense for their customers.

#10 ·
Certainly can't deny his personality, but in terms of the IOM TT, he has been an absolute FLOP. I mean, he's not even worth MENTIONING when it comes to the TT. How many consecutive years of entry with zero wins? Huge. To have ONE TT win is awesome, but there's a long list of one time winners and the list reads a bunch of "who the hell is that guy".

I think the chances of Anstey winning the Superbike and Hutchy winning the superstock are pretty good. Martin would be lucky if he stands on the podium IMHO.

#9 ·
thanks for the bump. I had seen this somewhere along the way, but it was good to watch again. amazing, the TT!

#13 ·
is that a bad thing? It's like climbing everest.. tho harder and more expensive... isn't once to say you've done it good enough?

and it's not.. senior is like moto gp.. compared to moto 2 or wsb etc.. it is the top of the top.

also just because he doesn't win at the tt doesn't mean he isn't good. he wins a lot of the other road races.. you can lump cummins in with him.. a lot of people want to see him win.. doubt it will happen.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.