BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Snow!!!!!!!!

Damn!!! ARRRGGGHHH!!! THIS BETTER BE the last day it snows this year, or i'm gonna go insane!!! arrrrggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh!!! and it better be all gone by tommorrow morning (which it should), but now the damn Salt Trucks will be out again!!! ARRGGGHHHH!!!! It should be illegal to dump salt onto the streets.... use dirt instead.... arrrgghhhh.... :( :mad :mad

·
Super Moderator
5,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Big Jim said:
Wanna go for a ride? :laughing
sure, let me go put some chains on my tires :laughing :laughing

I saw a SV650S on highway 91 heading south onto the Alex Fraser Bridge on my way to work, but I doubt he is still on the road right now hehehe :)

i'm not worried, the streets will be rideable by tommorrow, and I normally dont ride on monday and tuesdays.

the good thing about vancouver, it rains alot, and rain kills snow :) come ooonnnnnn Rrrraaaiiin :)

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Hahaha.. damnit you called my bluff.. I was trying to have the first ride post that you ever backed out of.. :laughing

I was surprised I saw a 929 heading down Marine on my way in this morning at about 6:30am

Jim.

·
Super Moderator
5,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Big Jim said:
Hahaha.. damnit you called my bluff.. I was trying to have the first ride post that you ever backed out of.. :laughing

I was surprised I saw a 929 heading down Marine on my way in this morning at about 6:30am

Jim.
:laughing :laughing

damn this winter is pissing me off, why wont it end? it's freakin spring break for the kiddies at school now, I remember it used to be sunny and hot during spring breaks, but now it's cold and snowing, what's up with that??

and to top it all off, one of my buddies (UrbanMerc Shooter, in case you remember him) is down on the hot sunny beaches of mexico right now!!! arrrggggghhhhhhhhh!!!!

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Canadian_Gixxer said:

sure, let me go put some chains on my tires :laughing :laughing

I saw a SV650S on highway 91 heading south onto the Alex Fraser Bridge on my way to work, but I doubt he is still on the road right now hehehe :)

i'm not worried, the streets will be rideable by tommorrow, and I normally dont ride on monday and tuesdays.

the good thing about vancouver, it rains alot, and rain kills snow :) come ooonnnnnn Rrrraaaiiin :)
Hey, was it silver? If so, I see that guy all the time.. that and the crazy guy that rides all year round on some standard wearing a lumberman's jacket.

I figured the silver bike was a Triumph 955i though, but I can never see it very well as it's always going in the other direction from me (heading east on the east/west).

·
Super Moderator
5,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
absolutdm said:

Hey, was it silver? If so, I see that guy all the time.. that and the crazy guy that rides all year round on some standard wearing a lumberman's jacket.

I figured the silver bike was a Triumph 955i though, but I can never see it very well as it's always going in the other direction from me (heading east on the east/west).
I believe it was silver.... but didn't pay too much attention to what the guy was wearing for gear....

·
Registered
842 Posts
Ya gotta be crazy to ride in the snow.

Even knobbies get clogged up with the crap:(

We got caught in it on Hwy 20 from Winthrop a few years ago. Full rain gear, electric vests etc. And I stll can't recall being that cold...ever! The guys in the snowplows were shaking their heads as we met them.

It was my fault, as we were coming back from a weekend in Idaho and I completely forgot about elevation=snow and suggested we come back that way:hangman :rolleyes

·
Super Moderator
5,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I dunno but this sucks :mad it's suppose to be spring... arggh, all my predictions have been wrong argh :mad thats it, winter is never going away, it'll be around all year forever :mad :mad argghh :(

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
saw a red and white R6 on the portman, heading east bound, at 7:30, hope he/she made it ok....

·
Just Another Enthusiast
2,051 Posts
At school there is a guy who rides EVERY day. I expected to see his bike missing from the parking lot today, but nope, he was there this morning--a little late but in one piece. :)

If he wants to get to school, it is his bike or nothing, so he rides carefully and slowly. And this is a guy who has only been riding for less than a year! Yet he probably has more riding experience under his belt than a lot of part-time riders, myself included.

D

·
0 Posts
:flip :firemad DAMN !!!!!!!! I just insured my bike yesterday, went for a little ride and it was freezing. i was hopping the wheather would be better today or at least get a little warmer. BUT NOOOOOOO, IT HAVE TO SNOW !!!!!! AAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!

·
Super Moderator
5,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
vrecksler said:
At school there is a guy who rides EVERY day. I expected to see his bike missing from the parking lot today, but nope, he was there this morning--a little late but in one piece. :)

If he wants to get to school, it is his bike or nothing, so he rides carefully and slowly. And this is a guy who has only been riding for less than a year! Yet he probably has more riding experience under his belt than a lot of part-time riders, myself included.
if I didn't know better, I would thought you were talking about me :) but I dont have school on mondays :)

but this snow, even though coming down hard, is wet and slushy.... you just need take it easy and you'll be fine.... but try riding in fresh powder snow.... now that is a bitch :(

·
Just Another Enthusiast
2,051 Posts
By now I think everyone who visits this board regularily knows your bike CG, the guy I am talking about rides an older standard type bike, which I imagine is a little easier to ride in the snow with the less sporty tires and lower power. :)

But still no easy feat I imagine. Here in Cloverdale we had a few cm's, and even in my dad's AWD Subaru, at the bottom of my hill I slid a meter or so past the stop sign, so on a bike it would not have been much fun! :)

·
Super Moderator
5,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
vrecksler said:
By now I think everyone who visits this board regularily knows your bike CG, the guy I am talking about rides an older standard type bike, which I imagine is a little easier to ride in the snow with the less sporty tires and lower power. :)

But still no easy feat I imagine. Here in Cloverdale we had a few cm's, and even in my dad's AWD Subaru, at the bottom of my hill I slid a meter or so past the stop sign, so on a bike it would not have been much fun! :)
I have yet to slide on snow, I just get stuck and cant move, rear tire spins but bike wont move :) It took me a hour just to get my bike from the front of my driveway into my garage when we had the big snow fall in january :eek :)

Ice is a bitch :( but it's much more rideable than snow.... snow is the worse for bikes, they just wont move in it at all :(

·
Resident Banana
2,694 Posts
I see I must try to call the mystic god once more.......

Calling the Almighty God of Warmth...

Mister Heat Miser....

"I'm Mister Green Christmas
I'm Mister Sun
I'm Mister Heat Blister
I'm Mister Hundred and One
They call me Heat Miser,
What ever I touch
Starts to melt in my clutch
I'm too much!"

B

·
0 Posts
who's gonna sacrafice a virgin?......

Where is Bl1tz, anyways?
:eek :eek :eek :laughing :laughing

·
Just Another Enthusiast
2,051 Posts
Atom, that is one of my all time favorite songs! Do you have that on mp3 or something? :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts