1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.ivansperformanceproducts.com/zx6r.htm

2000 and up ZX6R Carb Kit
Part # 6R-0001...$140.00 For off road use only

This kit is also the result of more than 8 months of combined testing. It has been designed for use with a 4-1 (not 4-2-1) exhaust system, which means that it is primarily designed around the Akrapovic full exhaust OR any Bolt-on muffler including the stock one.

NOTE:
Although it has been tested with similar results with a Muzzy exhaust, the Muzzy exhaust that it is designed to work with is for a 1998 - 1999 ZX6R.

This bike has shown to be one of the most powerful 600's that we have ever seen. It loves to bury the tach with one of the smoothest powerbands of all the current 600's.

Doesn't say whether it's a full muzzy or not but here's the dyno chart:

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
I am buying Ivan's kit tomorrow and will take the bike back to mike to install it and tune it to exact specs on the dyno. Then she should be putting out some decent respectable numbers. ;) Was that 140 US or canadian ? I am figuring US :rolleyes

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya 140 will be USD plus shipping, I think it might cost ya close to CDN$240, let me know if you order them, I mght order with you....

Ryan R said:
I am buying Ivan's kit tomorrow and will take the bike back to mike to install it and tune it to exact specs on the dyno. Then she should be putting out some decent respectable numbers. ;) Was that 140 US or canadian ? I am figuring US :rolleyes

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
if you are going to call them ask about group purchases....

·
Registered
634 Posts
i've heard its also anywhere from a 3-5 hour install... at 60 bucks an hour thats going to add up fast. Have either of you gotten quotes from local shops about intall prices? I've heard it'll be about 500 in total when your done

-arai-

G

·
0 Posts
its not that difficult its only needles,even if you have to drill out the plugs for the fuel screws we 106.00labour tops for nearly all bikes.we even synch them on merc gauges when its done,it is consuming though but easily done.john:rider

·
Registered
634 Posts
nice, I'm probably getting ivan's too. where exactly is your shop located? I'm hopeing next to bus/skytrain as my bike is my only mode of transportation

-arai-

G

·
0 Posts
near royal oak skytrain 2 blocks away or we can give you a ride,if its close enough,its unit #3 5791 beresford str bby grey building blue stripe on top corner of russel and beresfordjust south of kingsway.stop by any time,i'll be doing bikes monday pop by if you can 8:30-5:30 m-f sat if needed.433-6727 john:rider

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
If you call Ivan, he's a really nice guy and can tell you a lot about how his product works.

What he did mention was that on an R6 it takes aprox. 3/4's of a day to install his kit. 1/2 a day if *HE* is doing it.

So I would expect a minimum of 4-5 hours of labor for install.

Again, check www.r6messagenet.com

May be different for a ZX-6, but call Ivan and he can fill you in.

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I will call him first thing on Monday, working sunday night so eastern time 10am is what 7am Vancouver time ?

Am going to ask him the following questions, post if you want me to ask somemore:

* Group discount ? - even if different needles ? R6 & 6R

* install time ?

* side effects ? - gas mileage way down ?

* shipping - items in stock ? - time and cost ?

* payment method ?

* any guarantees ?

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
I can answer most of those questions.

I doubt that any group discount will apply, but you can ask.

Install time will vary from bike to bike, but he shuld be able to give you an aprox. for your bike.

Side effects are shown in the graph, I believe you'll sacrifice a bit of 'streetability'. (ie. lower power)

Shipping is spot on, and www.kneedraggers.com may be able to get you a better price, you may want to call them as well.

Apparently LP is also carrying his product this year, you may want to call them.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Called IVAN at 7:10am today - 10:10 am their time, no ansewer left a detailed message and my email address. Didn't get anything as of yet so I just called a few minutes ago, some lady answered the phone couldn't understand the "ZX6R"...lol....took her like 5 minutes to finally say ZX6R and that she had it all the while I am telling her I would like to speak to someone in sales....finally she tells me Ivan is not there and will call back so I have elft my number now got to see if he calls long distance...lol

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ivan called me back:

no group discounts, no adj. on price due to Canadian dollar nothing take it at $140 or get lost kinda attitude....

install time, said they are very simple, can do so in 1-2 hours depending on hw good you are...

ide effects - none ??? gas mileage - no comment from him, totally avoided the question

shipping - items are in stock, he sends via express mail (USD$16) get it in 2- days, will most likely end up paying CDN duty on it...

payment method ? - never got to that....guess he was in a hurry or something...didn't want to hang round and chat....

anyone got any idea how much beter ivan's needles are compared to dynojet or factory ?

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Well, he's a mechanic, not a customer service rep. :D

Do believe what he says though about his dyno charts, as every R6 he has done has ridden like an entirely new bike according to the owners.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Do believe what he says though about his dyno charts, as every R6 he has done has ridden like an entirely new bike according to the owners.
That's what I found out when I searched the R6 message net, everyone says his kit absolutley rocks. Well I am gonna get it through the link I posted cause it is only $116.67US rather than 140.

·
glowing ghostie!
3,112 Posts
If you are interested in what's involved for installation of Ivan's carb kit, there is an excellent website at http://www.cartest2000.com/fz1/ that takes you through step by step.

The bike is an Yamaha FZ1 (like mine! :)), but I'm sure the steps for your bike will be similar.

V

·
0 Posts
Hey Ryan,

Let us know if parts411.com will ship to Canada, cuz if they do, I want to pick up a kit for my 6. It is regular $200, but on their site its $179. The parts411 site isn't set up for online ordering from Canada, so I'm assuming they don't ship here? Let me know anyways.

·
glowing ghostie!
3,112 Posts
VanCityR6 said:
Hey Ryan,

Let us know if parts411.com will ship to Canada, cuz if they do, I want to pick up a kit for my 6. It is regular $200, but on their site its $179. The parts411 site isn't set up for online ordering from Canada, so I'm assuming they don't ship here? Let me know anyways.
If they don't ship to Canada, get them to ship to a mailbox shop in Blaine or Point Roberts. Then go down and get them yourself.

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ryan how are you paying ? if you order thru. parts 411 please order one for me as well will pay you USD cash.....let me know, call me tomorrow....also who here has that cousin/friend in blaine ? Adam ? may we ship to him/her ?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts