BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well... the sun today basically told me that I'm going to have to change my oil this week. Because the itch is getting greater and greater everytime I look at her.

Argh, the agony. :hangman

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
absolutdm said:
Well... the sun today basically told me that I'm going to have to change my oil this week. Because the itch is getting greater and greater everytime I look at her.

Argh, the agony. :hangman
Take one R6 and call me in the morning.:roflmao

·
Just Another Enthusiast
2,051 Posts
Shoot, it will be at least 2 more weeks before I get going. My bike is in pieces. The whole body is off, so are the head and tail lights, the tank, and both tires. But I have used this time to finally install the PCIII and plug in the Xenon's so that is a start!

But after days like today, boy is it tough! :)

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
It may seem tough, Vrecksler, but it's still too damn cold. March 1st will be the day I'll start to think about it. I refuse to pay a full month's insurance for a piddly little month like February. I've been tempted, but the thought of my nutsack shrivelling up like a fried chicken liver makes me think twice about it.:D

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
:p Lloyd.. I was out until 1:30 am this morning (last night) riding..

Grab yourself a pair of long underwear and voila.. February becomes a ridable month.. (unless the temp drops below 0..)

Jim. :)

·
Super Moderator
5,114 Posts
it's never too cold to ride :) Was just out tonight with Jonathan, went out to white rock then down to river road and back, man that was a nice ride :)

oh btw, good job on site, lookin sharp :)

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Canadian_Gixxer said:
it's never too cold to ride :) Was just out tonight with Jonathan, went out to white rock then down to river road and back, man that was a nice ride :)

oh btw, good job on site, lookin sharp :)
Thanks man.

And I don't have a Fieldsheer suit like you .. and don't like the idea of rear tire jumping over the painted spots... so I'll wait just a tad longer.. but not much I tell you, today was a gorgeous day.

·
Just Another Enthusiast
2,051 Posts
And really, what is the difference between a day like today and March 1? It could be colder, quite possibly wetter, who knows? I just feel like you have to take advantage of the nice days, who knows if the spring and summer will be as accomodating as we would like?

But I have no choice, so I will wait...grudgingly. :) I was so looking forward to riding to the Old Spagetti Factory, now it will just be a drive and a Skytrain.

·
resident monkey boy
806 Posts
i might just scratch that riding itch tommorow

B

·
0 Posts
I'm gonna scratch my "need to ride a bigger bike" itch tomorrow too! I'm gonna call Bk to get my zx6r ready for me!
Beware the YELLOW NINJA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek :eek :eek :eek :eek

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Uh oh.. another Ninja... if you dig back some.. you'll find a picture of our first meet:

Kawi, kawi, kawi, kawi, kawi, oh, look, a yamaha, and 2 honda's and zuke.

We need a duc in here somewhere. :D

·
Registered
234 Posts
I think I'm still going to leave mine parked for another month still, unless the sun really drives me crazy and warms things up here more, and I just have to drag it out of the back yard.

·
Resident Banana
2,694 Posts
I know the feeling...I think I'm going to insure on Wednesday. The shop should be done with it today.

atom

Sweet site guys, as I mentioned in the other thread, how much am I gonna get dona at work now:confused ....

·
Just Another Enthusiast
2,051 Posts
atomlowe, if you insure on Wednesday you will only get two nice days left (according to the Weathernetwork) before a week of rain. They will be nice days, but it may be worth waiting for the next stretch of sunshine--depending on how bad you are jonesing for a ride.

·
Resident Banana
2,694 Posts
vrecksler said:
atomlowe, if you insure on Wednesday you will only get two nice days left (according to the Weathernetwork) before a week of rain. They will be nice days, but it may be worth waiting for the next stretch of sunshine--depending on how bad you are jonesing for a ride.
Unfortunately, it makes more sense for me to insure mid-month using Autoplan12. Rent and stuff is due at the end of the month, so for safety sake, I figure its better for me to insure during my "happy time". I don't want to fork out the coin for 9 or 10 months at one time, so this makes the most sense for me.

Thanks for the tip though....

atom

·
Just Another Enthusiast
2,051 Posts
That makes sense. I always pay for the whole shot, the payment thing just reminds me of how much it costs to insure. This way my back account goes to 0 all at once! :)

·
Resident Banana
2,694 Posts
vrecksler said:
That makes sense. I always pay for the whole shot, the payment thing just reminds me of how much it costs to insure. This way my back account goes to 0 all at once! :)
Ya, I know....isn't it a biatch the cost of insurance. I've decided that I want all new gear for the season so I'm dropping a wad @ BK for all new Vanson Leathers:D . I can't wait...

atom

·
Resident Banana
2,694 Posts
Looking at getting a new Jacket and Pants. Perf Cobra with the pants....also looking for a deal on Sidi Vert's as well. I don't want to get into the group purchases because I have problems fittting shoes.

atom

1 - 20 of 26 Posts