BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sorry for posting a new thread, i just couldn't figure out how to add pictures without starting a new one, but here are a couple of how the timax fits on me, i think i'm going to keep it, i just wanted opinions. thanks guys.
in these pictures the loops i was talking about earlier are attached to my belt, but i dunno, it always seems like when i put it on, i think it's too short, then i get used to it... But you guys can shoot the shit, i need reassurance. it fits nicely everywhere, i just want to make sure that this is actually how it's supposed to be i guess.... arrrghhhh the diaries of a maddman...>!

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Thats just amazing.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
uhhhh what? hah. I hope you're not checking out my ass mister. Anyways, I know It seems like a retarded post, but as a student, I can't afford to drop 320 bucks on a jacket, and not have it function the way it should in a crash, so I just wanted someone to pat me on the shoulder and say, yes it fits nice or no you idiot, i can see your back hair.

·
Happy Camper
2,698 Posts
Sportbike jackets fit short because when you're hunched down in a tuck, you don't want the jacket bunching up in the front.
Not everyone is built the same, and that jacket might fit better on other people.

If you're that uncomfortable with it, return it and get something else.
After all, you're the one that has to wear it.

If you're that concerned about your safety, you wouldn't be riding with jeans on, you'd get the proper matching pants that zip up to the jacket to completely protect you.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
BlackScorpion said:
Sportbike jackets fit short because when you're hunched down in a tuck, you don't want the jacket bunching up in the front.
Not everyone is built the same, and that jacket might fit better on other people.

If you're that uncomfortable with it, return it and get something else.
After all, you're the one that has to wear it.

If you're that concerned about your safety, you wouldn't be riding with jeans on, you'd get the proper matching pants that zip up to the jacket to completely protect you.
I don't know about matching pants, but I was going to buy some textile riding pants... and i'm not uncomfortable with it, i just wanted to know what you guys thought... jeese lousie.

·
Registered
212 Posts
if money is really the issue why don't you pick up a used leather jacket for a lot cheaper (while not compensating on the material and stiching)

As i mentioned in the old post you had...sports jackets are always shorter so match it up with some sorta pants to be safe...textile or preferrably leather...this way gals can check ur @$$ rather than making us suffer through this

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
If you're really concerned, why don't you take a look at other jackets? There's a lot of them available where they have a noticeably extended back for better protection.

·
Twin A
8,019 Posts
Buy some pants and when you're not riding hike them up way past your navel like an old retiree from florida.

Seriously, it depends on the pant, but I think some have a higher fitting waist which could fix your problem.

·
Addicted to speed
237 Posts
I just recently bought the jacket shown a few posts up, the new joe rocket blaster. I have to say so far I love it, it was a pretty penny though, i got f***ed by the customs and brokerage fees which pisses me off, but I guess those guys need their paycheck somehow...dirty bastards

·
BADUNKADUNK
1,408 Posts
radmtnbkr said:
that jacket makes you look fat
Lol. No, I think it's the fat that makes him look fat. :jk

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The local shop is going to order in large so I can try it on, hopefully there is a difference, because I really like the jacket... Anyways, I'll see how it goes. I appreciate your guys's opinions though. Thanks.

A

·
0 Posts
Nuclear_Summer said:
The local shop is going to order in large so I can try it on, hopefully there is a difference, because I really like the jacket... Anyways, I'll see how it goes. I appreciate your guys's opinions though. Thanks.
The large will be wider through the shoulders and chest, while the length difference will probably be negligible. Well, it's worth a try, but like kamen rider said, if it bothers you so much, try another style or brand. Most sport jackets will fit that way though, especially if you're tall or have a long torso.

Or.... you can take a lesson from her:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts