BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I just recieved my medium sized Icon timax jacket. and i'm not really sure how it is supposed to fit. It is perfect in the chest and the arms, which are supposed to fit between 38-40 inches, and 32 inches, respectively. However, the length from shoulder to waist seems a little short on me. I mean, it just barely comes to where my belt starts, and when i'm leaning in a riding position, it raises a tiny bit higher. I'm wondering if anyone can tell me if this is how this type of textle jacket is supposed to fit, or if i should try and get a large size. (large is 40-44 chest, 33 arms) and my measurements are 38-39 chest and 33 in the arms.) If anyone can let me know that'd be great, thanks, chris.

·
contradiction incarnate
2,748 Posts
if it all fits snug, that's a good thing.
being too short in any position is not the best, but if you can zip it to some pants, then it's not really a problem
(assuming you actually use the pants)

·
Registered
212 Posts
As far as i know most sports bike jacket sit higher on the waist than the conventional jacket. Just combine it with good pair of textile or leather pants (as mentioned before), so it doesn't slip upwards in case you bail.

·
BADUNKADUNK
1,408 Posts
That is how that jacket is supposed to fit at the waist.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
If you also get a pair of pants, hopefully it will have the connecting zipper that you can install into the bottom of the jacket to keep the two together.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I noticed the jacket itself has snap loops at the bottom, the kind you could probably ring around a belt or something. So I think when I get some pants, I'll just snap them around the drawstring/belt. But yeah, I think I came to the decision that it fits me fine, it's just unusual the way the jacket is cut, compared to a normal one. It feels like I'm a racer or something.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Jacket sizes are really insulting!! I tried on a Joe Rocket jacket size 44 which is what I would normally wear and it didn't even come close to zipping up. Indications are I would need about a size 50 which is just plain ridiculous! Why are clothing sizes so crazy?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah granny I know what you're talking about, in this icon jacket a size 38 chest doesn't seem a hell of a lot different from 40. I really don't think there is 2 inches of space between me and my jacket.... anyways.... I guess I'm lucky it all fits, we don't really have any retailers in Terrace, so everything has to be special ordered, well anything worth having that is.

·
Fast Pack Slow Guy
4,722 Posts
Sport bike jackets are cut higher on the waist seem because sport bike trousers are cut high. Usually the jackets and trousers have zips to connect them. But definately your jacket should fit as snug as possible without constraining your movement. At 160kph you'll understand why.

·
Bring on the sun
2,078 Posts
Yeah they are cut higher up...but if it's too short get a bigger one.

I agree about the sizing...I don't even fit in my Astars XXL jacket anymore. haha....give me a break. Damn jackets are sized super small.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts