BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, i'm from regina,sk at the moment, but i'm looking to move out to b.c.. preferably Vancouver, but hey.. beggers cant be choosers haha...I was just looking on the net for jobs.. from what i have seen there isnt alot..but i was told there was. Where the heck are they?

p.s

i just got my lip pierced, so i know that is a factor of why i have less opportunities.

Please help a flatlander see the real world haha!!

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh hell man. If you're going to work in van, who knows. The lip might help you at some jobs, lol. They are a SHIT LOAD more common here than in Sask. My whore of an ex-girlfriend is from Sask. She was shocked about the people with piercings. The dope, the traffic. The whole lot of it.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
just walk onto a construction site w/a hard hat and ask different people if they need help. someone always does. You should be able to have a job w/in a day or two of visiting a few sites/day

·
Mortgage Pimp
9,195 Posts
Defaulthonda said:
You want to work for a bank?
Vancity isn't exactly well known outside of BC (even though it is huge). I think he meant the city.

As for finding jobs, you willing to work? Trades is suffering out here, there are a tonne of jobs available.

Good luck!

Taryn said:
p.s

i just got my lip pierced, so i know that is a factor of why i have less opportunities.
Then take it out Jackass! ;)

·
rain? whats that!
5,834 Posts
If you work as a labourer, the lip ring might have to go, depending on which crew and what type of work you end up doing.

·
Gixxa
401 Posts
Pick a trade, look up said trades companies in yellow pages, phone all companies inquiring about employment opportunities and theirs a damn good chance you'll land a job..

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
why you wanna work in vancouver like liquid sunshine?
if youre a hard worker then getting a job in the trades is easy. if youre a slacker then dont waste your time or the employers. depending on the trade i wouldnt want a lipring. having something sticking out that can get ripped off = baaaaaaaaaaaaaaad and i can only imagine the pain.

·
Registered
991 Posts
if youre a hard worker then getting a job in the trades is easy.
I wouldn't say that... getting into the a trade is a pretty hard thing to do. I'm looking for work right now and decided a trade is a good idea, but getting into the trade is harder than I thought, and I work like slave when I work. Havent gone the yellow pages / cold calling places yet, but it looks like ill have to. Not many other ways!

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
matty67 said:
why you wanna work in vancouver like liquid sunshine?
if youre a hard worker then getting a job in the trades is easy. if youre a slacker then dont waste your time or the employers. depending on the trade i wouldnt want a lipring. having something sticking out that can get ripped off = baaaaaaaaaaaaaaad and i can only imagine the pain.
Umm.. What kind of work would have the possability of your Lip Ring getting torn out?
I dont think a lip ring would be a big issue around here. These days everyone is tattoo'd or pierced up.
Then again, I could be wrong.

Ryan

·
Registered
516 Posts
Taryn <---- sounds like a girls name to me? no?

If so, most jobs dealing with the public do not like or want people with stuff sticking out all over their faces as it can be offensive to some people. Unless you get a job in a place that goes for that sort of thing and I am sure there are lots of those in and around the funkier parts of town.

(edit) now that I re-read the post I am almost sure it's a female (for all you guys addressing her as man) and not that construction wouldn't be okay for a woman to do, it's a little less common.

My suggestion: Summer is coming (YAY!) and there are many seasonal positions that you could apply for to get your foot in the door somewhere. What do you want to do and what are some of your skills and qualities?

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Gawd said:
Umm.. What kind of work would have the possability of your Lip Ring getting torn out?
I dont think a lip ring would be a big issue around here. These days everyone is tattoo'd or pierced up.
Then again, I could be wrong.

Ryan

try working in a live substation with metal on your body. or a live vault.

we call the resulting mess "crispy critter"

1 - 16 of 16 Posts