BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody out there bought the Joe Rocket perforated jacket yet? I've seen it at Burnaby Kawasaki and RMS so far. It looks pretty good for hot weather but in terms of crash protection...

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I have bought the Teknic one, it has cordura over the shoulders and elbows and the meshy stuff everywhere else, I just need some sun to wear it.

·
moving pylon
1,428 Posts
i saw it at BK yesterday, it looks like it would be something to wear UNDER a jacket with no protection.
i don't think i would wear it on it's own cause you can only ride in the city or else you'll start freezing and don't even think about wearing it at night

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
bl1tz said:
i saw it at BK yesterday, it looks like it would be something to wear UNDER a jacket with no protection.
i don't think i would wear it on it's own cause you can only ride in the city or else you'll start freezing and don't even think about wearing it at night
Wait till your riding in the interior in the middle of August, when it is 40 degrees. anyway, there is padding in teknic one although minor, it is comfy, and is definatly a daytime high heat kind of jacket, haven't had the chane to ride with it yet, but will let you know if we ever get any sun. Mane reason I got it is for the 2 weeks that I have to suffer riding around california in July :D Laguna Seca here I come. Maybe I can hang a BCSportbikes.com banner on pit road, or slap a couple of decals on a bike when no one is looking. :evilgrin

:rider

·
moving pylon
1,428 Posts
Digi168 said:

Wait till your riding in the interior in the middle of August, when it is 40 degrees.

:rider
what bout at night or in the early hours of the morning?
i know i freeze when i wear my perforated leathers in the morning or at night. I guess the JR jacket is great with a heated vest?
i guessing this jacket is great for afternoon rides especially if your gonna get stuck in traffic:thumbup

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bl1tz said:

i guessing this jacket is great for afternoon rides especially if your gonna get stuck in traffic:thumbup
I think its a personal choice-
I wouldn't wear it by itself after seeing it...
but if you feel safe in it then GO GO GO :rider

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
The mesh in these is supposed to be a high rip resistance type and it's supposed to have some decent abrasion resistance too.

They aren't meant to replace leather or even cordura jackets but for days when most people would say "screw it" and ride with no jacket due to the heat these will let them stay protected. They sold like wine in France in the southern states last year in places like Texas and Arizona.

And for later at night just keep a light windproof rain jacket in the under seat trunk and use it over the Phoenix. That's what I do with my perforated leather and it works like a charm. Toasty warm that way.

·
bcsportbike goon
596 Posts
Hey guys, i'm new here. I just bought the Joe Rocket jacket thats on the specials page (sale at Burnaby Kawasaki)..

I'm just taking my lessons right now, but I've been wearing this jacket at night time, with just a Tshirt, and it keeps me pretty warm so far (its been drizzling at night time).

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
Gujustud said:
Hey guys, i'm new here. I just bought the Joe Rocket jacket thats on the specials page (sale at Burnaby Kawasaki)..

I'm just taking my lessons right now, but I've been wearing this jacket at night time, with just a Tshirt, and it keeps me pretty warm so far (its been drizzling at night time).
The one you got is more of a standard jacket. They are very nice for the money. You won't regret getting that one.

But the one they are talking about here is made from a fabric mesh that looks a lot like football jersey material but it's tougher.

Hey guys. I must admit I don't like the Phoenix as much as the other one they have with the light leather on the arms. That one seems like a better compromise to me. Both of them have some impact padding at the elbows and shoulders too and that's a good thing.

Remember these are for very special occasions. I wouldn't want one for a long tour bur for a quick cross town ride when it's steenkin' out and with a windshell under the seat for that late night return from the pub you'll manage just fine. It's an EXTRA jacket, not your MAIN one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts