BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
wannabe poser
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at getting a new textile jacket for this spring because apparently in my other post my danier leather jacket would just shred to shit (little did i know) (thanks to all who informed me i owe you my life :) )

So Im looking at two textile jackets both have the same price. Since I live up north I have no way of checking out these jackets in person or to even try them on. So if anyone has any information about either of the two that would be awesome.

The two jackets are the Joe Rocket Rasp and the Joe Rocket Meteor

found on http://www.joerocket.com/jrf/home.cfm

Thanks again :cheers

·
Fuelled by rice
4,463 Posts
I hate to say it but you should definitely find a way to try the jackets on. Overall fit and comfort is the most important thing for you as the rider. Of course the protection as well.

·
wannabe poser
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya this I understand, what im trying to see is if anyone has one and what they think of it compared to other jackets they have tried, i really dont see myself travelling any time soon just to try jackets but its the price i pay for living in the north i guess

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought the jr meteor last year around the begining of fall, its a good jacket with adaquate protection, comes with an liner for the cool weather and removable flaps up front to let the air through in the heat. I rode up till november 29th(it snowed that night) and the jacket was warm enough (barely) to wear just a t-shirt under.

I tried a jr rasp on at the bike show, in the summer heat i think the rasp would be a better jacket(larger flaps up front and its perforated kinda).The only difference is the shell as far as i could tell. Depends when/where you ride and for how long into the season. Meteor for wetter, cooler weather for sure<read northern.
Both jackets beat the Danier jacket ya got. Oh and I agree with racerboy88, you should try on a few before you buy, there are lots of textile jackets out there.

good luck...

edit speeling

·
Registered
622 Posts
I just received the Meteor at Christmas so i don't have much riding experience in it, but it is a nice jacket. i agree with heatstroke in that it's a warm jacket and should work well in the heat as well because of the vents. I haven't tried the rasp at all but so far i would give the Meteor a postive rating. But, like I said, I've had limited riding experience in it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts