BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I ended up over sleeping, which is quite rare actually. Managed to get to BK by 11am for the tire change, got out at 12:10 and took it easy breaking in the new Dunlop 220 :D:D for the first 150kms, managed to get to whistler by 1:33 no problems, roads are great all the way till Lillouet lake. Did my first pit stop at the Pemberton Petro Canada left there at 2:17pm. At around 3:30pm, 2 kms past Joffre lake I turned back.

Right after Lillouet lake the roads detiorate really bad, lots of gravel, was going uphil and started experiencing the rear wheel slide while going thru. the turns....kept going till both my wheels started to slide, I thought that's enough....didn't want to do the loop at 50kms and hour so I headed back, and stopped along the way, took pictures and ate at the Squamish McShit, got stuck in the rush hour traffic.....

Throughly enjoyed the ride though was able to maintain "good pace" all the way to lilloeut lake and back till just after Squamish....:D:D:D

well enjoy the pictures.....

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
this one taken right after Pemberton, it's next to Green Lake, it was completely frozen, the first time I have seen a frozen lake.....

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
same lake.....my webcam sucks when the sun is out.....

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
just past Joffre Lake, my turning point, I got shit from an avalanche control dude going to Lillouet. Was were quiet very peaceful, just the howl of the cold wind.....

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
road I just came down from after turning around.....

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
this will be more fun once the roads are good eh ?

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
and well my fav. place....Porteau Cove....took this on the way back, had lots of time so had a little sit down as well....

·
Resident Banana
2,694 Posts
Good job Farhad....you Diehard!!!:D

I didn't think the roads would be as clean as you found. Any other bikes on the route?

Good stuff man, looks like fun. I was stuck at work while you were out joy-riding:rider .

atom

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
on the way to Lillouet lake I saw a few bikes heading into Vancouver, an old GSXR60 SRAD, a goldwing, a BMW R1150RT ? I got passed while taking pictures at Green lake buy a hard charging dude on a Buel Thunderbolt, very nice sound, he had it leaned right over, so I jumb back on and catch up to him just as he pulls over for his stop....otherwise a very lonely ride, not too many bikes, wasn't able to ride with anyone per say.....

·
California dreamin'
2,440 Posts
Thanks for the photos of your trip. It's nice to know someone was out having fun while I was slaving away at work. :)

·
Just Another Enthusiast
2,051 Posts
Yes, or while some of us were in class and staring out the window at that blue sky and sunshine.....;)

B

·
0 Posts
Yes, or while some of us were in class and staring out the window at that blue sky and sunshine.....
i wish i was staring out the window...i had an hour long presentation in class today on medieval hebrew literature in front of rabbis and i'm not even jewish....torture

glad you had a good day Human...ride for all of us:(

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Thanks for the report, Farhad. We can always rely on you to suffer for our hobby. We'll nominate you as the advance scout on all dubious roads.:D

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
hey Lloyd, I didn't suffer much just from Lillouet lake to Joffre lake and back :D, otherwise I was able to keep a quick pace of 160-180, I just love the road from Pemberton to Lillouet lake.

Aslo you got to promise to come with me on the Cascade and the Radium trip....and this time we will have a plan for any unfortunate eventualities, hopefully it will never have to be used ;)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts